Hi all

heres a problem i have i hope someone can shed some light on
i am trying to create a request to our footprints server but have no clue where to start.

I no little about soap and from my understanding to make a method call i need to have a .wsdl file on the server in order to make the call?

is this correct or is wsdl files not needed to make method calls.

at this point i am totally confused any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank's

a wsdl file is just documentation on how to use a particular service. Instructions on how to use FootPrints web services and examples are given in the FootPrints Help documentation. Just click "Help" while in FPs and go to chapter 11. You can write your code to access the web services in Perl, C#, Java, or PHP. FYI, since FPs is so dynamic and configurable, it is difficult to maintain an accurate wsdl file. Anytime you added a custom field to the system we would have to update the file to record how to set that field.

The easiest thing for you to do would be to just send an email into FootPrints to create a new request. This would require no programming and would be your best bet if the other application has the ability to send an email.

Also, it is probably best to post these type of questions to the FootPrints user group. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/fpusergroup/

Don Cholish
Numara Software

Hi all

heres a problem i have i hope someone can shed some light on
i am trying to create a request to our footprints server but have no clue where to start.

I no little about soap and from my understanding to make a method call i need to have a .wsdl file on the server in order to make the call?

is this correct or is wsdl files not needed to make method calls.

at this point i am totally confused any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank's

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.