Actually ,i made one project for web based application,but now i have to use for desktop application.and also i don't want to show my code to customer to whom i will give my project.While running WAR file in tomcat ,it automatically makes source code file,please help me out.

In advance thanx to you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Yes, it does, but that "source file" is still not any kind of standalone application code. It is a servlet. You do understand the differences between servlet/jsp (i.e. code that runs in an application container) and a standalone application, right?

And, since you would probably only be providing a compiled application to "the customer", you won't be providing him any "code", anyway, so there is no reason to attempt to turn it into a native application, either. They can also be decompiled, you know.

Also, if your "customer" is paying you to write this application, he may (and probably does) have a right to the code. You need to take a close look at whatever your agreement is and make sure of who has the rights to the code, according to the contract.

You do one thing before craeting a war file you remove Source folder from src directory and let it have only complied classes

In this way when you will paste it in the webapps folder it wont be having SRC folder only classes will be there

Well about the desktop application you need to create GUI from swings or AWT then define events on buttons and you can just called functions used in your webapplicaton

Actually ,i made one project for web based application,but now i have to use for desktop application.and also i don't want to show my code to customer to whom i will give my project.While running WAR file in tomcat ,it automatically makes source code file,please help me out.

In advance thanx to you.

How to make a exe file for entire jspproject.
Project having the only jsp pages,it is not having the any servlets. can i create exe for project? how?

A JSP is nothing but a servlet template that the web container parses and then compiles. That is even less applicable for an "exe" than servlets are.

Gods, I'm sorry, but what is this fascination everyone seems to have for turning cross-platform Java applications into a native application? If you want a native application code in something that is designed to produce a native application.

commented: egjaktly +3

You do one thing before craeting a war file you remove Source folder from src directory and let it have only complied classes

In this way when you will paste it in the webapps folder it wont be having SRC folder only classes will be there

Well about the desktop application you need to create GUI from swings or AWT then define events on buttons and you can just called functions used in your webapplicaton

Already masijade mentioned in his first post that even compiled java classes can be decompiled, So any point in mentioning this ????
You should also read replies of other posters (not to mention veterans like masijade) before simply increasing the post count ;)

I need to know the step of how to create .exe file of a jsp project. which software needed?
Please reply

commented: To lazy to read previous replies... -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.