I have one doubt about WAR file........

Like i am creating a project with mysql databse and deploying it through WAR file

My question is if i want to deploy it on some other machine then i am copying war file there in webapps folder.........but do you think it war file will hold tables and DB used for application or i need to make DB there also

Please let me know this

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

As far I know war does not contain DB. This have to be done separatly

Only for lab project purposes, where something like MS Access is used, which in my opinion should never be considered as a legitimate DB.

With MySQL no its not possible.

I have one doubt about WAR file........

Like i am creating a project with mysql databse and deploying it through WAR file

My question is if i want to deploy it on some other machine then i am copying war file there in webapps folder.........but do you think it war file will hold tables and DB used for application or i need to make DB there also

Please let me know this

War file contains only the web app files like jsp,sevlets and other java files and other resources i could not have database.. So the database is need to be exported from devevelopment place to deployment place. If the database has pre existing values then database need to be exported otherwise we can create a brand new database in the deployment place..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.