Hi
I have recently installed 'VS2003'. However I am not able to create a new 'WebApplication'. I get the error
'Unable to create location 'C:\inetpub\wwwrooot\WebApplication1'. Access is denied.'
I had locked the IIS before the installation process ( I had already installed VS2005 and my techsupport had advised me to lock the IIS before installing VS2003).
Is this somehow affecting the installation of VS2003?
I have run the 'aspnet_regiis.exe -i' command in case the script maps were missing but there is still there is no effect.
Also my userID has admin access on the machine.
Could somebody advise me on this?
I have been breaking my head for the last 2 days over this and any input will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot in anticipation

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't know why that would happen, but I was just wondering why you chose to use VS 2003 when you already had 2005?

I don't know why that would happen, but I was just wondering why you chose to use VS 2003 when you already had 2005?

Am working on a couple of projects one of which is on vs2003 and the other vs2005.
By the way is anybody out there aware of any problems if vs2003 is installed after vs2005?

Thanks in anticipation(i do hope someone out there comes with a soln)

There shouldn't be a problem with the two versions. The Visual Studio group does side-by-side testing of their releases to make sure the new one won't break the old one, and they usually cover most any situation you'd think of. I don't think there's much testing between 2003 and 2008 though, for when the new release comes out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.