i need a topic for thesis proposal. please suggest some ideas. i'm thinking of natural language and AI but .. I'm not sure of it. I want something that can be very helpful and significant. Actually I want something to help the government, but I don't know what they need, I haven't gone there and I haven't studied their system and etc so it would be really hard. I want to do something that I will dedicate for the improvement of our living, I'm not not like the other students who just do their thesis because it is needed to graduate and it would be such a waste of time studying on something not that of significance. Why waste your time and energy on insignificant things when you can focus on something much worth it?

I know java, c, vb, um ... just ask me for the others if ever these 3 does not fit for your suggestion. But these were what I studied for years.

Just for clarification purposes, what I am doing is to gather opinions and ideas for me to know where to focus my study. I'm going to use it as a guide not like just picking your idea up then that's-it-I-already-have-my-topic-attitude. I just wanted to know what is the most needed. Actually I need 3 thesis proposal so i really need this, i need a crowd of ideas.

I need your ideas, I need your opinions, even how small it is, every drop counts(Shell Gasoline Station quote), please help me. I'll be very grateful for your suggestions.

Thank you.

Have a nice day :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It sounds to me as if you have done the first (easy) half of your choice already: You want to do something that helps in the public sector and makes use of AI / natural language; and has the potential to be beneficial to many people. "But I don't know what they need". What do you do when you have a question about what some group needs? Research. Have you done that research? What do they (think they) need?

Just for the fun of it:

• Something that reads traffic and store signs, translates them, and speaks them in any language.
  • Something that helps poor people cope with government forms
  • A tool that takes phone calls, emails, printed material and consolidates it all into a report about which parts of the city need what services, based on complaints.
  • A much much better phone answering system instead of one of those horrible phone trees: Let me explain what I want and the tool directs me to the right place. This would be a bad idea because it takes away a job, except that job is already gone, and being done so poorly already.
  • A tool that tells technicians what the problem is likely to be, and points them to the likely location of the problem. (Phone or networking outages, for instance). Speaking so they can use their eyes on the job while listening
  • A robot tutor for one or more subjects
  • A device that generates "good" test questions for exams, possibly based on how well answers to past questions matched the quality of the students who answered them. (SAT already does this, but not automatically)

By the way: Do you see how I was creating these ideas? I started with "Hmm, what makes use of natural language processing that I've never seen?" and then each idea leads almost immediately to the next.

It sounds to me as if you have done the first (easy) half of your choice already: You want to do something that helps in the public sector and makes use of AI / natural language; and has the potential to be beneficial to many people. "But I don't know what they need". What do you do when you have a question about what some group needs? Research. Have you done that research? What do they (think they) need?

Just for the fun of it:

• Something that reads traffic and store signs, translates them, and speaks them in any language.
  • Something that helps poor people cope with government forms
  • A tool that takes phone calls, emails, printed material and consolidates it all into a report about which parts of the city need what services, based on complaints.
  • A much much better phone answering system instead of one of those horrible phone trees: Let me explain what I want and the tool directs me to the right place. This would be a bad idea because it takes away a job, except that job is already gone, and being done so poorly already.
  • A tool that tells technicians what the problem is likely to be, and points them to the likely location of the problem. (Phone or networking outages, for instance). Speaking so they can use their eyes on the job while listening
  • A robot tutor for one or more subjects
  • A device that generates "good" test questions for exams, possibly based on how well answers to past questions matched the quality of the students who answered them. (SAT already does this, but not automatically)

By the way: Do you see how I was creating these ideas? I started with "Hmm, what makes use of natural language processing that I've never seen?" and then each idea leads almost immediately to the next.

Thank you very much. You are very kind and I really appreciate your idea. Now I have the idea how shall I find a good thesis topic. I like the "hmm" thing, sweet. Thanks again.

plz suggest me a topic for Mtech computer science thesis.its urgent plz reply me as soon as possible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.