I have downloaded the source code for the .AVI format but when I compile the project, an error is reported which when simplified, is "[Build Error] *** multiple target patterns.". Also, the line which gets highlighted by due to the error is the line 25 which has the phrase "$(BIN): $(LINKOBJ)"

Could you please help me recompile this project and let me know if you need more details.

Below is the error report sent back:
# Project: Project1
# Makefile created by Dev-C++ 4.9.8.0

CPP = g++.exe
CC = gcc.exe
WINDRES = windres.exe
RES =
OBJ = "D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/Templates/encoder.o" $(RES)
LINKOBJ = "D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/Templates/encoder.o" $(RES)
LIBS = -L"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows
INCS = -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include"
CXXINCS = -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/mingw32" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/backward" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include"
BIN = encoder6.exe
CXXFLAGS = $(CXXINCS)
CFLAGS = $(INCS)

.PHONY: all all-before all-after clean clean-custom

all: all-before encoder6.exe all-after

clean: clean-custom
rm -f $(OBJ) $(BIN)

$(BIN): $(LINKOBJ)
$(CPP) $(LINKOBJ) -o "encoder6.exe" $(LIBS)

"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/Templates/encoder.o": D:/Program\ Files/Dev-Cpp/Templates/encoder.c
$(CPP) -c "D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/Templates/encoder.c" -o "D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/Templates/encoder.o" $(CXXFLAGS)

I have descovered that this is because the code I used was in 'C' when I was using a 'C++' program. Because this refers to the language 'C', (due to forum policies), I have to refer the rest of this topic in the C section. Link is below:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/
post445870.html#post445870

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.