Hi, Im new to programing in java and i am having an extemly hard time comprehending and writing code, so if anyone could please help me on a java problem that i have it would be greatly, greatly, appriciated. The question is as follows:

*Write a program that will calculate the final grade of a student. The program should take in the name and grades for one student, calculate thier average, and display the final grade.

*The program will follow the following guidelines:
-ask for the students name
-ask for the students grades on four exams (one grade at a time)
-ask for the students grades on three projects ( one grade at a time)
-ask for the students grades on the final exam
-calculate grades as follows:
*Regular exams are worth 40% of the grade (10% each)
*Project are worth 30% of the grade (10% each)
*Final exam is worth 30% of the grade
-output the students name and final letter grade according to the university scale (e.g. A>=90, etc..)
-have the program repeate for additional students until the user enters the word "quit" when asked for the students name

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME IT WOULD BE VERY NICE, BECAUSE IM HAVING A HARD TIME CODING FOR THIS PROBLEM, THANK YOU

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Read This and post what you've got so far. Sounds like a homework assignment to me, isn't the whole idea of going to school so that you can LEARN something? Nothing is easy the first time you do it.

Read This and post what you've got so far. Sounds like a homework assignment to me, isn't the whole idea of going to school so that you can LEARN something? Nothing is easy the first time you do it.

Finally, a person who didn't do the homework for the person.

I tried to write the program but everytime i run it theres alwayz somthing wrong with it so i dont know what to do!

Where's your code???? Like three of us have been saying, YOU show effort and we will help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.