I have high hopes for the Swift programming language, the presentation showed a lot of potentials for this language in apple keynote, just a question do you guys think swift will come to windows in an IDK soon?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

No

In the Windows world Swift/Xcode would have to compete with the combination of C# and Visual Studio, that might be too much of an obstacle.

You can test drive Swift on Windows using the playground at
http://swiftstub.com

We will have to see how well Swift does in the Linux environment this fall. The other problem is that Swift is a rapidly developing language that has had major improvements with each version. Once the versions stabilize, I can see some of the talented folks at Apple working on a Windows release simply because of the volume of demand.

so basicly we are limited to used it in a virtual machine

If you are on the Windows OS, you have to wait. You could use C# that has some of the features of Swift. I am not sure if C# has touchscreen apps ability?

If you do a lot of scientific programming, then Python has a leg up on Swift.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.