I am trying to send data from a UITableView into any type of database. I have 2 questions. 1: What type of database should I use (ex. MySQL, access)? 2: How will I transfer the database from a table view to the type of database I should use?

PS: Please do not vote down on this article. If this question is unclear in any way, please explain why.

Edited by jthomas

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bpp_distributor

If you're using iOS (developing for iPhone or iPad) you should use SQLite as the database, other MySql is fine.
When I started with iOS I found the native way of using SQL statements with sqlite tricky to get to get to grips with, despite using PHP and C# to interact with MySQL frequently.
My suggestion is not to bother with direct SQL statements (unless you really want to) and instead learn Core Data. It is also a fairly steep learning curve if you're starting from scratch but is the correct way to do things now.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.