Hello,

I'm attempting to run my first program in vb.net and everything works BUT the array.
Ive asked several experienced people and they have no clue what might be the problem.

Here is the archive: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6072059/ArtificialLife.rar
password: vbproject

The problem occurs in the Maps.vb file on line 17 when the assignment of variables to the array starts.
When running the breakpoint debugger you will notice that when it reaches line 17 it just skips the whole sub and then the next breakpoint is unable to be found.

I hope someone has got experience with this problem so it can be solved quickly.
(You can include code in your answer as I'm not a beginner, I've got 7 years of PHP programming experience so far)

Thanks already.
~ Jorin

sorry I made a stupid mistake, I tried to put a string in a array defined as Double.

This thread can be removed/closed/whatever :)

@xorinzor, why can't change in Form1.vb the

Dim Tiles(,) As Double

declaration to

Dim Tiles(,) As String

and also in the Declaration Part of Maps.vb

Dim DummyTiles(20, 20) As Double

to

Dim DummyTiles(20, 20) As String

. I tried this, its is executing fine. Hope this will help u, reply me what is problem on changing like this.

@xorinzor, why can't change in Form1.vb the

Dim Tiles(,) As Double

declaration to

Dim Tiles(,) As String

and also in the Declaration Part of Maps.vb

Dim DummyTiles(20, 20) As Double

to

Dim DummyTiles(20, 20) As String

. I tried this, its is executing fine. Hope this will help u, reply me what is problem on changing like this.

Thats indeed the problem, A friend of mine was just a bit earlier.

Thanks anyway :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.