Hello,

I want suggestion as to how to do the following:

1) In my current scenario,when a particular user fills a form which contains one field as manager and saves the details that manager receives an email stating that u have a request. This email also contais an URL which when clicked upon redirects the manager to view that request.

2) I am receiving email containing URL. However, when i click on that i am not being redirected to that particular page which i need...instead it redirects me to login page..when the manager fills in details he gets to see his home page.

To be precise:

CASE 1:
Manager Login : ---> PAGE 1 -----> PAGE 2.

CASE 2 : [ WHICH I NEED]
When manager receives link through EMAIL and clicks on it Following should happen

Manager Login -----> PAGE 2 { PAGE 1 should be skipped as the url will contain the page2 name so no need to redirect to page1 on login} How to achieve it???

Please awating reply,

Thanks
Rohan

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello,

I want suggestion as to how to do the following:

1) In my current scenario,when a particular user fills a form which contains one field as manager and saves the details that manager receives an email stating that u have a request. This email also contais an URL which when clicked upon redirects the manager to view that request.

2) I am receiving email containing URL. However, when i click on that i am not being redirected to that particular page which i need...instead it redirects me to login page..when the manager fills in details he gets to see his home page.

To be precise:

CASE 1:
Manager Login : ---> PAGE 1 -----> PAGE 2.

CASE 2 : [ WHICH I NEED]
When manager receives link through EMAIL and clicks on it Following should happen

Manager Login -----> PAGE 2 { PAGE 1 should be skipped as the url will contain the page2 name so no need to redirect to page1 on login} How to achieve it???

Please awating reply,

Thanks
Rohan

Hi Rohan

Just Overrider access permission in your web.config file

<location path="yourpage.aspx">
		<system.web>
			<authorization>
				<allow users="*"/>
			</authorization>
		</system.web>
	</location>

Don't forget to Mark as solved if it helps you!!!

Hi Yousuf,

I dont want to hardcode the page url in location path as the aspx page in url need not be always same...there are 4 such pages which will be der...so do i need to individually mention all these 4 pages?in location path??

Hi Yousuf,

I dont want to hardcode the page url in location path as the aspx page in url need not be always same...there are 4 such pages which will be der...so do i need to individually mention all these 4 pages?in location path??

Hello There

First of all if you're using access permission to your web app folders , then you're not allowed to visit that page unless athenticated/login. if this is the case then you can either create a folder (GuestFolder) and move all your pages in it and create a new web.config under that folder and give permissions (refer code #1 ) or define each and every page individually like my earlier post

code # 1

<system.web>
	<authorization>
		<deny users="?"/>		  
	</authorization>
    </system.web>

Yes i am using access permission.Please help me to resolve my issue. Say i am a manager and in my email i have received a link http://localhost/forms/xxx.aspx?id=2

I(Manager) have permission to access xxx.aspx page.
In a general scenario when the Manager logs in he is redirected to abc.aspx page. On that page there are several Names in a grid. When the Manager clicks on a particular name(id of whom is 2) then he(Manager) is redirected to xxx.aspx?id = 2 page.

However, when i receive an URL directly in my email as ....xxx.aspx?id= 2 i dont want to be directed to abc.aspx page rather i want directly xxx.aspx?id =2 page to be displayed.... HOW TO DO THIS.?????

MY authentication mode in web.config is Windows...

PLEASE HELP ME ITS VERY URGENT........

Yes i am using access permission.Please help me to resolve my issue. Say i am a manager and in my email i have received a link http://localhost/forms/xxx.aspx?id=2

I(Manager) have permission to access xxx.aspx page.
In a general scenario when the Manager logs in he is redirected to abc.aspx page. On that page there are several Names in a grid. When the Manager clicks on a particular name(id of whom is 2) then he(Manager) is redirected to xxx.aspx?id = 2 page.

However, when i receive an URL directly in my email as ....xxx.aspx?id= 2 i dont want to be directed to abc.aspx page rather i want directly xxx.aspx?id =2 page to be displayed.... HOW TO DO THIS.?????

MY authentication mode in web.config is Windows...

PLEASE HELP ME ITS VERY URGENT........

Try this

i think that is not a generic Approach..

let any user come to your login page..

after authentication you can check user role

and redirect user accordingly.
--------------------------------------------------------------
considering your case..

your application should know to whom you are sending this link..

if you are sending link to Manager then change the link accordingly in email.

i guess that won't be hard enough for you..

or may in querystring you can setup something and redirect accordingly.

and make the necessary setting in web.config.

hope that helps

but i have no idea what changes we need to do in web.config file or how to change the url in email...can ne one of u guide me.

One more question....my authentication mode is windows in web.config file do i need to change it to "Forms" please guide me on this front aswell.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.