Is there some minimum amount of time that has to pass before thread subscription will "instantly notify" me? For example (and this happens a lot) I post a question, someone answered and I received an email about this answer. Then I replied. Then someone else replied, and I didn't receive an email - am I misinterpreting the expected behavior?

Thanks,
Dave

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Can someone comment at least if this happens to them also even if they don't know the solution?

I don't use instant email notification, and this feature is unmodified from default vBulletin.

Can someone comment at least if this happens to them also even if they don't know the solution?

It happens to me, sometimes it goes months without sending me notifications too, and suddenly starts again.

It happens to me, sometimes it goes months without sending me notifications too, and suddenly starts again.

I reported bugs in the notifications a few years ago. It was never fixed. I just turned off the notifications and used my usercp.

That's so weird :( I'm not entirely familiar with this feature because it's unmodified from default vBulletin. Are you sure you weren't getting emails to your junk folder in the middle there?

On a similar BBS, the notification system sends ONE email the NEXT time someone posts, but sends no more until you visit the thread again. They had to fix it, because if you left the thread after visiting it, but were still logged in when someone else posted, it didn't send the email.

Ah that seems pretty reasonable actually - I never logout when I am done. I'll try doing that and see if it changes the behavior and report the results.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.