I liked the old profile page better because the text was a lot shorter and you could navigate it easier. When i'm posting and think I read a similar post earlier in another forum I open up the users profile page and hit the "Find all threads started by .." button. This previously was right on the main part of the profile page up top but now you have to scroll down, click on a tab, then click on the find all posts. All of the text is much longer now so you have to actually read it and the "Power to Affect Someone Else's Reputation Negatively" shows red on every users profile page where the only red you used to see was if someone had -REP.
- "Community Reputation Points Awarded" -> Reputation Points
- "Power to Affect Someone Else's Reputation Positively" > "Reputation Altering Power"
- "Power to Affect Someone Else's Reputation Negatively" -> Remove it
I don't see why you need to see how much a user can ding someone elses rep. Its simple enough math anyway: Floor([Reputation Altering Power]/2)
- "How helpful is ____ at answering questions?" -> remove
- Forum threads marked solved after ___ replied to them -> "Solved threads"
That is more of an FAQ on how you get credit for solved threads, rather than just information
The "Send Message" | "User List" -- move it below the tab control, or remove it
- "Send Message" -> The "Contact Info" tab has all of these options and more
- "User List" -> Stick these items in the footer of the "Friends" page next to where you have "Befriend ____"
- Below those menus you have
"Last Activity: ___" and the same information is included in the "Statistics" tab
The tab control
- "About Me" -- I like that page
- "Statistics" -- I think this page should be done away with. The "Total Posts" and "Posts per day" should be included up top where you have a break down of where all the user posted to. It makes sense to have all the posting information grouped together. The same goes with the two options to "Find all posts" and "Find all Threads started by". This makes it a lot easier to run down duplicate posts!
>> General Information -- This should probably be included at the very top of the page around the user's
- Friends - looks good. I like that you can see the avatars now
- Contact Info - looks good