Hi, I would like to post a few php tutorials but can't find the section where I can post tutorials. Does anybody have a link as to where to post tutorials in the php forum? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

At the moment there is no method to enable direct posting of tutorials by members. This was removed in an attempt to clean up the tutorial section and improve the quality of the tutorials that do appear.

For now, the approach is to contact me (via PM) with your ideas and your tutorial submissions can then go through a process of peer review to ensure accuracy etc before being published if deemed of acceptable quality.

Unfortunately, this can take some considerable time.

It would be helpful if we could get some more volunteers who were able to help with the peer review process, checking tutorials for errors and readability, correcting them and so on. Any volunteers with the necessary experience/qualifications/free time so to do, please feel free to PM me as well.

I can check tutorials in C/C++ for errors/quality, but English isn't my strongest point unfortunately..

I have a bunch of php tutorials at http://syntax.cwarn23.net/PHP which I wouldn't mind if were copied to daniwebs php tutorials. Just make sure that the post is by cwarn23 or that it's noted cwarn23 made the tutorials.

Hi :)

At this time, we're only accepting tutorials that are unique content to DaniWeb, and not reproduced elsewhere on the web.

It seems the policies on publishing tutorials on daniweb are very strict but is there any reason why they need to be unique (eg. SEO) It would be nice if daniweb had a wiki that everybody could contribute to.

Hi :)

At this time, we're only accepting tutorials that are unique content to DaniWeb, and not reproduced elsewhere on the web.

And the result is that there is only ONE tutorial in the c++ forum. Is the reason that no one has submitted any tutorials, or is it that you and Davy have not approved any more of them ?

I would think you would get more tutorials if you allowed people to post them in a tutorial forum that requires mod approval for permanent post. Sort of like the way its done on PFO and other web sites. As it is right now, no one knows how to post them, so you don't get any at all.

Agreed; there should be a better facility for posting, reviewing, and editing tutorials before a final revision drops it into some permanent area. You can't really stop people from posting their tutorials on numerous sites, although you can prevent people from stealing tutorials from elsewhere and posting them here.

It seems the policies on publishing tutorials on daniweb are very strict but is there any reason why they need to be unique (eg. SEO) It would be nice if daniweb had a wiki that everybody could contribute to.

making sure Dani isn't violating any copyright laws would be one.

making sure Dani isn't violating any copyright laws would be one.

Basically a non-issue. If she was accidentally in violation and had taken some legitimate measures to prevent copyright infringement, the most that would happen is the legal equivalent of 'take down blah blah blah from your website or else'. Am I right? (I'm posing a hypothetical here, not pretending I have legal knowledge. It's just that your reply wasn't very specific).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.