Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hi

I notice there's a purple bar when a member click Solve and a bar appear and has the members name get credit for the question.

I find it amused but at the same time I like. When was this installed?

PrimePackster commented: To Rectify what some retard did to LastMitch +0

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

I noticed it too, and to make things more interesting... I noticed it about the same time you posted this thread... interesting right?

It's a new feature I just finished working on.

It's a new feature I just finished working on.

I think you just answer alot of people questions. I notice a lot of new members keep posting old threads that are solve and not creating new ones and this will defintely make things a lot easier and also encourage new member to create their own question in their own thread.

I think that will increase the members activities in the Top Stats which <MICHAEL> enjoy looking at.

After tonight hard work, you deserve a pumpkin pie!

More interesting in a good way?

I think he wants the bar to be more design. This is a good suitable design.

commented: To Rectify what some retard did to LastMitch +0

Dani did make a smart choice in creating that :)!

LastMitch, I do like my stats :)

By interesting I mean it meets my needs and looks nice :)

Dani... by any chance do you ever announce your updates or do you have us discover your creation and spread the world? Either way... i think your doing great satisfying your users :)

Love it! Such a simple thing, but seeing who solved it and when is handy info.

I agree it is a nice addition to the site. A changelog as to what is done, like notably for users would also be interesting to follow and read from time to time :)

I add and change things just about daily. I'll often make mention of what I'm doing in my twitter feed. If it's a big change, then I'll post a thread asking what people think of it.

Lucky I dislike Twitter then isn't it :) I will have to find stuff on my own / rely on threads like this!

Yes, it's just impossible for me to mention everything I'm doing every day. Often they are very small changes. I rely on members starting feedback threads such as this to clue me in as to which little things are a bigger hit than others.

Ah that seems fair enough

but your small changes make huge impacts...? I think I'll vote on you reporting about your updates for now on :)...

Here is a bunny for your achievement (sorry it's not physically in your hand...)

(\/)
( '.')
c('')('') <-----your bunny!

commented: Thank you for my bunny. He's very cute. +0

@Dani

I notice it can only fit 3 members and the rest it is called 3 others. Is it possible to link the other 3 members name so we can see the other 3 members 561

I never noticed that, that should be the next tweak

Nice. Let's hope this cuts down the number of necro-posters :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Only just noticed it. Much better. Do all contributors still get the 'solved thread' stat or just the ones mentioned in the bar?

All contributors who posted before the purple bar get the 'solved thread' stat. New contributors who posted after the thread has already been solved don't.

Only 3 are listed for the sake of space, as more than that would take up multiple lines at low resolutions, and some threads have 20+ solvers. Most solved threads, however, only have 1 or 2 solvers, so it's not an overwhelmingly noticable issue. The top 3 listed are determined based on those who have the most posts in the thread.

Member Avatar for diafol

Ah. I see. Thanks. Good feature - well done.

I like the new feature but I am concerned that this will lead to people posting "bump" and other such empty content just to get their names in the bar.

testing bump

I am concerned that this will lead to people posting "bump" and other such empty content just to get their names in the bar.

Nope. It apparently doesn't work like that. once the thead is marked solved the bar doesn't change when new posters add to the thread. I just tried it.

I think what Jim means is that people will randomly bump threads in the hope that in the future they'll be marked solved. But if someone really cared that much, odds are they would have been doing it already just for the Solved Threads stats.

Nope. It apparently doesn't work like that. once the thead is marked solved the bar doesn't change when new posters add to the thread. I just tried it.

This is just a test. I think Dani is the only person know this because she created this amusing daniw4 solve bar. There is some changes I attached a image of the bar before it was solved and resolve again

Yes, if you mark the question solved, then unsolved, and then solved again, it resets all of its stats to include all of the people who posted before the last time it was marked solved.

Of course, theoretically, a thread is only solved once :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.