Why can't I view this post? When I try to edit it, I can see the contents. But not in the page.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

But i can modify it Wolfie, see the post for it.

yeah. i tried it modifying it myself, and although i could, i couldn't view it. Anyway thanks :D

Err.. maybe i should have been explicit..

I can modify it as well as view it. First it was not visible but when i pressed the edit button and saved it, it became visible.

This PROBABLY has something to do with my cache syntax error-ing out trying to read the post. Is everything working now or are there still problems?

Is everything working now or are there still problems?

No there are still some problems. I tried undeleting the post before the last in that thread. But I still can't view it. Apparantly if someone else pressed edit and save it can be viewed. I got a similar request from another user about 2 days back, but I thought it was only some glitch that would not occur again. But looks like it did.

The same thing happened with Mr. Iamthwee some days back. I had to merge the blank post and his subsequent post.

This has happened some times with me but i thought it was nothing, just some minor problem, but now if everyone is experiencing it...

Crazily enough, I disabled my post cache and still encountered the problem, which seems to be a vBulletin problem!

Please make a list of EVERY post you encounter with this problem - and even if something just happens once, let me know about it, and don't just shrug it off. Thanks!

Hmm ... I can't duplicate this problem on the vBulletin forums, and yet it still doesn't work here with my post cache disabled. Hmm ...

Hey. Dani. I think it has something to do with

tags within

tags. Because once I delete the '=c' part, the post is displayed.

Hey. Dani. I think it has something to do with

tags within

tags. Because once I delete the '=c' part, the post is displayed.

But this wasnt the case with Mr. Iamthwee's post since he had posted simple text.

So i dont think only the code tags are responsible for this.

Which one of Iamthwee's posts aren't showing up?

I narrowed the problem down to a piece of my bbcode. SOS: can you confirm that this problem has happened with just plain text?[code=language] bbcode. SOS: can you confirm that this problem has happened with just plain text?

But this wasnt the case with Mr. Iamthwee's post since he had posted simple text.

So i dont think only the code tags are responsible for this.

He may have posted simple text, but if he quoted a previous reply and that reply had a part, this problem would arise.[code=language] part, this problem would arise.

Well I narrowed down the problem to the way that I coded the new[code=language] and [search] bbcode. Both [code] and [code=language] should now work just fine when within quote tags. Search bbcode still doesn't work within quote tags, but I will tackle that in a bit. I want to catch Smallville tonight first :)

This problem has been fixed with search bbcode as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.