Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

yeah. i tried it modifying it myself, and although i could, i couldn't view it. Anyway thanks :D

Err.. maybe i should have been explicit..

I can modify it as well as view it. First it was not visible but when i pressed the edit button and saved it, it became visible.

This PROBABLY has something to do with my cache syntax error-ing out trying to read the post. Is everything working now or are there still problems?

Is everything working now or are there still problems?

No there are still some problems. I tried undeleting the post before the last in that thread. But I still can't view it. Apparantly if someone else pressed edit and save it can be viewed. I got a similar request from another user about 2 days back, but I thought it was only some glitch that would not occur again. But looks like it did.

The same thing happened with Mr. Iamthwee some days back. I had to merge the blank post and his subsequent post.

This has happened some times with me but i thought it was nothing, just some minor problem, but now if everyone is experiencing it...

Crazily enough, I disabled my post cache and still encountered the problem, which seems to be a vBulletin problem!

Please make a list of EVERY post you encounter with this problem - and even if something just happens once, let me know about it, and don't just shrug it off. Thanks!

Hmm ... I can't duplicate this problem on the vBulletin forums, and yet it still doesn't work here with my post cache disabled. Hmm ...

Hey. Dani. I think it has something to do with

tags within

tags. Because once I delete the '=c' part, the post is displayed.

Hey. Dani. I think it has something to do with

tags within

tags. Because once I delete the '=c' part, the post is displayed.

But this wasnt the case with Mr. Iamthwee's post since he had posted simple text.

So i dont think only the code tags are responsible for this.

I narrowed the problem down to a piece of my bbcode. SOS: can you confirm that this problem has happened with just plain text?[code=language] bbcode. SOS: can you confirm that this problem has happened with just plain text?

But this wasnt the case with Mr. Iamthwee's post since he had posted simple text.

So i dont think only the code tags are responsible for this.

He may have posted simple text, but if he quoted a previous reply and that reply had a part, this problem would arise.[code=language] part, this problem would arise.

Well I narrowed down the problem to the way that I coded the new[code=language] and [search] bbcode. Both [code] and [code=language] should now work just fine when within quote tags. Search bbcode still doesn't work within quote tags, but I will tackle that in a bit. I want to catch Smallville tonight first :)

Edited by pyTony: fixed formatting

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.