Your the same age as now,the year just changed back to 1982 for a day :)

Oh my.......

I would cherish every second!

I would start my day by going to the store and buying MANY things..

1) Golden Grain Macaroni and Chedder (Many,Many Boxs -- My favourite mac and cheese ever)

2) PLAIN M&MS -- Ah do i mi$$ them! (Many,many bags)

3) Milkyway bars (Many)

Then after that i would drive to Connecticut and goto SKATE FANTASY! (A place i used to go skating @ when visiting my relatives)

Then i would visit my relatives -- I mi$$ them so much!!!

Then i would goto Mcdonalds and ORDER A BIG MAC (2 or 3 MAYBE) AND GET LOADS OF ORANGE DRINK!! (Ahhhhh do i miss it)

Then i would slowly come back home and drift off to sleep.......

(Only to wake up the next day and have it be 2008 again.)

What would you do???

Recommended Answers

All 48 Replies

Save money so I can buy lots of Google stock later on.

That would be tough, I wasn't even born yet!

I would track down my parents and make them take potency suppliments

I would track down my parents and make them take potency suppliments

Would that mean that there would be plenty of Scrus on the island?

Or just one big strong one. Either way I win

I'd buy the snakes out of stocks I know would do me good.

Invest in a whole heap of penny stock that i know would make it big in the end.

The orange fanta in mcdonalds still exists and Milkyway and Milkybar still exist, at least in my country

The orange fanta in mcdonalds still exists and Milkyway and Milkybar still exist, at least in my country

Same here. Although orange fanta is not as good as it used to be before they started adding the 5% real fruit.

we get both the fizzy and flat fanta, you?

nope just the regular kind here.

Oh, yeah. Have a pop (soda) that was made with sugar instead of corn.

Have Osama Bin Laden, Al Gore, and Bill Clinton committed. :icon_mrgreen:

Buy the replacement rubber parts for my Dual 1006 (they were still available then).

Demand a 10 percent maximum tax.

Question: What happened to plain m&m? I don't seer any difference in them, other than the colors.

yeah here we get nutty, crispy or chocolate coloured ones

oh no i wasn't even born, but i want to see my brother born...

When you say see, do you mean watch him come out? Because you might throw up....

Believe me, I will be the richest guy in the whole world, if I was back in 1982.
1) I will bet alot alot of money in World Cup, Euro Cup, Asia Cup.
2) Be the first person to make Search Engine, YouTube, Amazon, eBay and so on
3) and I would buy daniweb.com domain name before Dani buy it first :P

commented: NASTY BAAABBBY!! +2

I may be misinterpreting the original hypothetical scenario, but I'm seeing at least one problem with some responses.

To all of you who claim you'd become millionaires from investing in stocks that -will- do well, I'd like to ask you something. Where are you going to get the money to do so? Unless you were around at the time in the first place, then your credit cards won't have been issued, your checking and/or savings accounts won't be around, and you'll probably be busted for counterfitting when you try to pass 1983+ cash.

I may be misinterpreting the original hypothetical scenario, but I'm seeing at least one problem with some responses.

To all of you who claim you'd become millionaires from investing in stocks that -will- do well, I'd like to ask you something. Where are you going to get the money to do so? Unless you were around at the time in the first place, then your credit cards won't have been issued, your checking and/or savings accounts won't be around, and you'll probably be busted for counterfitting when you try to pass 1983+ cash.

Is that also include my post?

i would pinching my cheek to make me woke up from the dreams...

commented: are u still pinching till your cheek be swelling?:P +1

When you say see, do you mean watch him come out? Because you might throw up....

i hope i can, but its impossible cause my family didn't know me (i m not born yet).

i would pinching my cheek to make me woke up from the dreams...

how about after you pinching your cheek and nothing happened? i means you didn't woke up but still in 1982. are you still pinching?:twisted:

Is that also include my post?

I don't think my point would cause much of a problem your second item, although the general lack of a widespread internet would cause other problems there. But your first and third items, the one dealing with what I am assuming is betting, the other with buying the Daniweb domain (which also suffers from the no-widespread-internet issue) still would require some form of payment to begin with, and the problem of finding valid available finances would still exist.

I'm always prepared.

Loan shark. How're they going to get it back, huh?

Also the question about knowing whether or not you would go back comes up. If I found myself in back 1982 (which is 26 years ago), I'd probably freak out a little bit if I didn't know that I'd go back (forward), and do nothing worth note.

i wasnt even alive then

Nor was I, m'boy. Nor was I. Nor was I planned then - I was a "pleasant surprise".

lol

i was born in 1990, werent even concieved then

lol

i was born in 1990, werent even concieved then

Whatever you did in 1982, you would have to make sure it wouldn't somehow influence your parents not to have children.

I would create an easy to read syntax programming language and make tens of Dollars.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.