Is there a special add-on or an application, possibly web based, that I could use to co-browse websites with my friend? So that I could see the contents of my friends screen, when he's surfing the web.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I think this borders on spyware/keyboard logging and may shade into the 'no go' zone. Is there anything wrong with using the provided 'my computer'/properties/remote?

Look over his shoulder.

commented: great idea, and useful too. +34

There are legatimate uses for such software, for example at help desks there the helper can see that the client is doing so that the helper can help the client. We had software something like that at my last job. I think it was commercial program, possibly Norton PC Anywhere or something like that.

You can use crossloop !

Look over his shoulder.

hahah..that was funny.:cool:

Hi! A VNC software like RealVNC might suit your needs. If it's too heavy or complicated, then try something easier and web based, like the Screen2.com.

If you use FireFox, you can try the add-on Cluztr - this seems to do all that you want and is free!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.