Our church is currently using Mambo 4.5.5 as our website content management system. We have had a lot of difficulty using for Mambo as a page editor for fairly basic tasks (creating forms, formatting text, .hyperlinks) etc. We are thinking of either switching to Joomla 1.0 or 1.5, or going with a professional page editor such as Dreamweaver or Frontpage.

Does anyone have any advice regarding either other open source content management systems with better page editors than Mambo, and/or whether any commercial page editors offer rates that are affordable for nonprofits with multiple users?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

tufty2000, I empathise with the difficulty and fustration you are having - but my persistence paid off (virtualcomputing dot net). I would suggest you try a little harder and spend a little more time with it, it will pay off you you too.

Upto mambo v4.5.5 it is almost the same as joomla 1.5 they both use the same text editor (MOStlyCE) so you will have the same problem, maybe you could try upgrading and see if things change.

You can try Druple it looks good but it too has it quirks.

Yes. I know your frustration, I tried mambo too a while ago and got soooo frustrated. Ended up going with Drupal and their miraculous node structure... was the best decision I could have made. I figured it out within 1 day and the site is live and active. Send me a pm and I'll show it to you. - Graphics_Gurl

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.