My ISP is trying to see how much internet I use so that it can bill me. But my firewall doesn't allow it to do so. Now I can use unlimited internet for free. He..He.. :mrgreen:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

that is pretty cool what isp do you have and wat firewall do u have.

sorry i'm in India so u wouldnt know my ISP. I use Zone Alarm firewall.

oh, they can monitor you just fine. After all, every bit of data you use comes in through their servers so they can count them all.

They'll just use a more sophisticated mechanism...

And they may even cut you off completely for violation of contract by blocking their metering software from reporting its findings.

And they may even cut you off completely for violation of contract by blocking their metering software from reporting its findings.

well, this depends on the contract agreement... but i'm pretty sure that all data that comes in and out of your internet connection is properly monitored. From where I come from, we have prepaid internet connections for dial-up and unlimited DSL/Cable connections come in flat rates...

me too i have a monthly rate for broadband.

:cry: waaaaaaah i want free internet. well duh eny one does :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evil: :-| ;) :cheesy:

We have to pay flat rate for 1 gb data. Then extra about for every 1mb

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.