I can sign on to AOL, usually takes the third dial up to do so, and I am able to go to aol mail and news articles, but when I try to go to any web sites it says on a page No Page to Display and inside the page it says Action Cancelled. My internet explorer is not working. What can I do to get back online. Does internet connection wizard have anything to do with it. if so how do I use it. Please someone have an answer for me.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Hi..
Sorry but I'm don't have a solution for you.
I am also encountering a problem with my Internet Explorer.
I always need to refresh a few times before I can get the results loaded in my IE.
And before that, it will always bring me to this webpage:
http://www.searchassistant.net/dnserror.htm
I don't understand whats wrong. I am connected in a LAN. All my other peers who use the same connection do not suffer this problem, they get smooth surfing.
Thank you.

I'm not sure what is causing your problem since I don't use IE but I have found that the easiest thing to do when IE stops working for my friends is to just re-install it. Usually there is a file that has been corruped and re-installing will replace it. HTH

Did this problem get resolved???? we have a Dell win 95 that has been doing this same thing since July. Been through every tech support person aol employs and still have the problem.....can only use email and get page cannot be displayed when trying to go to any web page after getting online. Please help. We have reinstalled browser about 4 times
Thanks

can i make an honest recomendation
GET RID OF AOL, ppl who think MS sucks should NEVER have aol, AOL hasnt been a decent browser ever

there are TONS of way better REAL isp's out there, ditch AOL and get something better hell for 5 more bucks a month you can usually get DSL now

I can sign on to AOL, usually takes the third dial up to do so, and I am able to go to aol mail and news articles, but when I try to go to any web sites it says on a page No Page to Display and inside the page it says Action Cancelled. My internet explorer is not working. What can I do to get back online. Does internet connection wizard have anything to do with it. if so how do I use it. Please someone have an answer for me.

Hello,
I have exactly the same problems you described, I wonder if you have resolved them yet. My problems occurred after I've upgraded my PC from Win98 to XP and from AOL5 to AOL8. Please reply, thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
fl10101

Hello,
I have exactly the same problems you described, I wonder if you have resolved them yet. My problems occurred after I've upgraded my PC from Win98 to XP and from AOL5 to AOL8.

What happens when you open Internet Explorer instead of the AOL browser to browse?

please notice original post date the user never came back so this really doesnt need to be replied to anymore :)

please notice original post date the user never came back so this really doesn't need to be replied to anymore.

I disagree, and recommend that you take a broader view. If someone find this thread in a search (and you know they will), that answer may be of use to them! I found it useful.

yes but it doesnt need any more replys if the user is also having a problem its better for them to start their own thread so we get all the facts right in the beigining

I disagree, and recommend that you take a broader view. If someone find this thread in a search (and you know they will), that answer may be of use to them! I found it useful.

yes, me too...

However I haven't found a solution as yet so was wondering if anyone can suggest help.

I am trying to fix a friend's PC (XP home, Aol8 (spit!))
who cannot use IE. Eventaully I reinstalled windows and all seemed to work until I installed XP SP1 and the problem came back. (cannot be displayed, dnserror, etc)

Running it on my own (broadband, non aol) network was the same IE worked, now it doesn't.

I have checked and deleted spyware, checked for viruses, checked all settings, reduced IEs security settings etc.

Can anyone suggest other things to try or a web resource to look at ?

many thanks,
dee

Are these people signing on aol then typing urls in internet explorer?

Maybe they should check the box in internet settings/programs that says ie should check to see if its the default browser.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.