Ok I'm going to post a word, and what ever that word finishes with the next person to post must post a word starting with the last letter of the previous post EASY so if I post MAILTO the flow would go like this OBJECT, TAG.......... Oh and each reply must be technical in some way a tag a term or a name.

So I'm going to start with HTTP

Recommended Answers

All 42 Replies

Potato Pie

Not quite what I was thinking about but.......

Eithernet

Sorry about that it said my post was to short

time

AWWW! too short, dont know what to type....

explorer

encapsulation

laggy..........

I have a suggestion, how about if we include the definition of the word as well to make this thread somewhat educational? For instance:

I answer the previous post with Yottabyte -- A yottabyte is a measure of theoretical storage capacity and is 2 to the 80th power bytes or, in decimal, approximately a thousand zettabytes, a trillion terabytes, or a million trillion megabytes (written out in decimal, a yottabyte looks like this: 1,208,925,819,614,629,174,706,176)

Let me know what you think of this idea...

Eat

1. To take into the body by the mouth for digestion or absorption.
2. To take in and absorb as food: a plant that eats insects; a cell that eats bacteria.
3. To include habitually or by preference in one's diet: a bird that eats insects, fruit, and seeds; stopped eating red meat on advice from her doctor.
2. To destroy, ravage, or use up by or as if by ingesting: “Covering news in the field eats money (George F. Will).
3. To erode or corrode: waves that ate away the beach; an acid that eats the surface of a machine part.
4. To produce by or as if by eating: Moths ate holes in our sweaters.
5. Slang. To absorb the cost or expense of: “You can eat your loss and switch the remaining money to other investment portfolios (Marlys Harris).
6. Informal. To bother or annoy: What's eating him?

v. intr.

1. To consume food.
2. To have or take a meal.
2. To exercise a consuming or eroding effect: a drill that ate away at the rock; exorbitant expenses that were eating into profits.
3. To cause persistent annoyance or distress: “How long will it be before the frustration eats at you? (Howard Kaplan).

Phrasal Verb:
eat up Slang

1. To receive or enjoy enthusiastically or avidly: She really eats up the publicity.
2. To believe without question: He'll eat up whatever the broker tells him.

Idioms:
eat crow

To be forced to accept a humiliating defeat.

eat (one's) heart out

1. To feel bitter anguish or grief.
2. To be consumed by jealousy.

eat (one's) words

To retract something that one has said.

eat out of (someone's) hand

To be manipulated or dominated by another.

eat (someone) alive Slang

To overwhelm or defeat thoroughly: an inexperienced manager who was eaten alive in a competitive corporate environment.

OurNation, I think you missed part of the original post :) :

Ok I'm going to post a word, and what ever that word finishes with the next person to post must post a word starting with the last letter of the previous post EASY so if I post MAILTO the flow would go like this OBJECT, TAG.......... Oh and each reply must be technical in some way a tag a term or a name.

So I'm going to start with HTTP

OurNation, I think you missed part of the original post :) :

I did it right yomatbytte or whatever endes in e eat begins in e and you said but a definition.

I did it right yomatbytte or whatever endes in e eat begins in e and you said but a definition.

I think you missed the technical part of it. A suitable response could be, say, electronic:

of or relating to electronics; concerned with or using devices that operate on principles governing the behavior of electrons; "electronic devices"

See? Now you'd add a technical term that began with a "C".

Technician

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

For a definition of the Technician profession, see wiktionary:Technician.

Ladee

Technicians can be found working in a variety of fields, and they usually have a job title with the designation 'technician' following the particular category of work. Thus a 'stage technician' is a worker who supports putting on a play, while a 'medical technician' is an employee who provides technical support in the medical industry.

Hey Alex, didn't expect to see you here :)

I could make this hard by using C++: an object-oriented programming language that is viewed by many as the best language for creating large-scale applications.

But I won't.

How about COBOL: Common Business Oriented Language, the first widely-used high-level programming language for business applications.

(Wups ... might've been nice if I'd actually *read* the post prior to mine!! Sorry! Okay. Responding to COBOL) ...

Language (as in programming)

A programming language or computer language is a standardized communication technique for expressing instructions to a computer. It is a set of syntactic and semantic rules used to define computer programs. A language enables a programmer to precisely specify what data a computer will act upon, how these data will be stored/transmitted, and precisely what actions to take under various circumstances. (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)

Encryption: the conversion of data into a form that cannot be easily understood by unauthorized people.

Encryption: the conversion of data into a form that cannot be easily understood by unauthorized people.

naggling-------> (created by John Nagle, the Nagle algorithm is used to automatically concatenate a number of small buffer messages); a process that increases the efficiency of a network application system by decreasing the number of packets that must be sent.

naggling-------> (created by John Nagle, the Nagle algorithm is used to automatically concatenate a number of small buffer messages); a process that increases the efficiency of a network application system by decreasing the number of packets that must be sent.

Googling:

The act of using Google to search for information

Gibibyte: a unit of information or computer storage; abbreviated GiB.

1 gibibyte = 1,073,741,824 bytes

The gibibyte is closely related to the gigabyte, which can either be a synonym for gibibyte, or refer to 1,000,000,000 bytes, depending on context.

Exa Byte --- = 1024 Peta Bytes = 1024 Tera Bytes = 1024 Giga Byes.

ENIAC

the prototype from which most other modern computers evolved. It embodied almost all the components and concepts of today's high- speed, electronic digital computers. Its designers conceived what has now become standard circuitry such as the gate (logical "and" element), buffer (logical "or" element) and used a modified Eccles-Jordan flip-flop as a logical, high-speed storage-and-control device. The machine's counters and accumulators, with more sophisticated innovations, were made up of combinations of these basic elements.

ENIAC could discriminate the sign of a number, compare quantities for equality, add, subtract, multiply, divide, and extract square roots. ENIAC stored a maximum of twenty 10-digit decimal numbers. Its accumulators combined the functions of an adding machine and storage unit. No central memory unit existed, per se. Storage was localized within the functioning units of the computer.

CCNA --> Cisco Certified Network Associate.

Apple

* Creators of Apple and Macintosh Computers.
* Creators of iPOD and assorted utilities and software
* Fruit with seeds in the middle
* Good source of nutrition (both the fruit, and the company for Micro$oft Scavengers)
* a term of affection (she is the apple of my life)
* Epoisode name within Star Trek (the Apple)

EAP

Extensible Authentication Protocol.

Phishing -- The act of attempting to fraudulently acquire, through deception, sensitive personal information, such as passwords and credit card details, by masquerading in an official-looking email, IM, etc. as someone trustworthy with a real need for such information.

The term was coined in the mid 1990's by crackers attempting to steal AOL accounts. An attacker would pose as an AOL staff member and send an instant message to a potential victim. The message would ask the victim to reveal his or her password, for instance, to "verify your account" or to "confirm billing information." Once the victim gave over the password, the attacker could access the victim's account and use it for criminal purposes.

Today, online criminals put phishing to more directly profitable uses. Popular targets are users of online banking services, and auction sites such as eBay.

(From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.