Hi all, I hope you are well. Here is something I thought you might find interesting. It's a list of the top 100 news stories of the 20th century:

here

Very interesting!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Number 100 makes me laugh. The warnings have been around for so long, yet people still smoke for some reason. What a crazy world we live in! I want to know why so many people out there risk there lives for such a pointless and easily avoidable reason.

By the way, sorry to get off topic. I know majestic0110 never intended to create an anti smoking thread.

lol, I am pro-choice when it comes to smoking. As long as they don't harm others while doing it (thank the smoking ban!).

lol, I am pro-choice when it comes to smoking. As long as they don't harm others while doing it (thank the smoking ban!).

Once again not to get off your original topic:

I don't care if people smoke either. I just don't understand why anyone would if the hazards have been known since 1964.
(See, I related it to top 100 link :) )

My personal favorite is

58 1964 British rock group The Beatles takes the U.S. by storm after debut on the Ed Sullivan Show

I love the Beatles. (especially Paul McCartney's Hofner bass :) )

I wonder what the list would look like in:
Israel, Mozambique, France, Brazil, Burma, Iraq, Canada, India, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Japan, Egypt. I am sure there would be a lot of overlap but I am sure the order would be quite different.

I totally agree with you GrimJack, I am sure the order would be quite different, for different countries!

60 1961 Yuri Gagarin becomes first man in space
Yes that's my man [ i am a big fan of Yuri Gagarin ]

I am sure the order would be quite different, for different countries!

Brother he mentioned INDIA in INDIA the top 100 stories are
1 - ___________Party win ; political crime ....
2 - ___________Party win ; political crime ....
3-____________Robbers in Ministry hehehehe..
100-___________Party win ; political crime ;And a Bigggggg caption INDIA ROCKS ......INDIA is going to become developed !!!! .... ??? [ in Politics ]

I hate those POLITICS ............ They really spoiled our NATION .....

It makes all the big events flash in my mind, but the order u arrange those events is kinda confusing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.