Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Well in a few weeks all of those links will probably work. It would just be in the middle of the process of updating the index but this is no new problem. Just a more obvious one as more updates are been made.

What is the problem in the 2nd link?

The data hasn't been uploaded to google maps yet.

There's a guy with 3 legs =)

There's a guy with 3 legs =)

I thought his associate was attempting to moon the Google vehicle as it went by but missed the chance. Does anyone know what these cars look like? I've never seen one.

I thought his associate was attempting to moon the Google vehicle as it went by but missed the chance. Does anyone know what these cars look like? I've never seen one.

I've seen them 3 times. They are a white or black small car with a small tripod on top which has like a 360 degree camera.

I followed this google car around for half a day
they fuzzed my face out of every pic
I am very upset
My car is in google maps a hell of a lot

I followed this google car around for half a day
they fuzzed my face out of every pic
I am very upset
My car is in google maps a hell of a lot

Could you give a link to you in google maps. I wonder if I'm still in google maps but they blurred my face too. I remember the time google maps captured a person nood and getting changed in the street then they blurred the person in the nood. That pic was as funny as on googles website.

As for the google van here in Australia it is very different. Usually it is white with a 1 foot tall camera with the camera itself looking like a football shape/sized unit.

this link shows a green toyota approaching on the left side of the road, as soon as you can see my face through the window, (saying 'what the hell is that') the car is photoshoppped out and reappears behind the mapcar as it proceeds down the road
Truro Nova Scotia
In this link I am standing in front of the car, and its fairly obvious that something is done with the front of the car

I just check almostbobs first link and it was like wtf google deleted you from google maps. The street view for that link doesn't even work any more just like in post #1. But your second link is cool. It has for sure been photo-shopped unless I'm seeing double. The ghost of the blue car appears in front of itself like if it has been edited. There you go, cars have ghosts too after they break down. lol But thanks for sharing.

No, it's a real shot (actually two) of that street.

As google (or whoever) goes around taking pictures for the street views, the cars and pedestrians move between shots. Sometimes not enough so you get that effect.

If you look at the LA link (if not active check around the Hollywood, CA area, on Sunset, Vine, Hollywood) when you look up, youl
'll see a present a bird left on the camera dome...

My car, parked, with me standing in front of it, did not move between shots, rolling over me and pinning me underneath, from where I am lying screaming for help, except for the time that I am typing this on a laptop via the wireless link in the building in the picture (there is a wireless link in the building in the picture thats why I was parked there)

What a **expletive deleted** response

Google Bblurr faces names signs, if other shots in google maps appear similarly distorted, it is far more likely that Google blurring algorithm hiccupped than it is that the camera fails at just that point.

Edit:: I am not steealing wireless, its my building

I wonder how long they drove around before they realised they left their wire cutters on the top camera in link 4 lol..i moved down the street a bit and they are still hovering overhead :) That or they captured an alien invasion : /

Alien 1: What do we disguise the ships as?
Alien 2: I dunno...just pick something they have plenty of

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.