Or say to her: "You make my system core dump."

jingda commented: lol +0

u know u r a geek when :
1.you are reading a book and look for the scroll bar to get to the next page.
2.you look for a icon to double-click to open your bedroom window.
3.when asked about a bus schedule, you wonder if it is 16 or 32 bits.

commented: Override down vote +0

your wife says "If you don't turn off that damn machine and come to bed, then I am going to divorce you!", and you chastise her for omitting the "else" clause.

commented: This one made me laugh. +0

your wife says "If you don't turn off that damn machine and come to bed, then I am going to divorce you!", and you chastise her for omitting the "else" clause.

Maybe you could consider divorce as break statement or exit statement, then else would not be needed :)

commented: lol +0
Member Avatar for Swordstech

You're a geek if you have an anti-virus and you try to delete a virus through cmd.

commented: made me lol, but don't really know why anybody would do that... +0

When your girlfriend thinks you are one computer genius.

You know you're a geek when most of the power bill is because of your computers.

... you think that the usual spectator sports are rather boring.

I know i'm a geek when:

1- I use the term "geek" instead of "nerd"
2- When i'm at the super market i want to use CTRL+F to find something, but i cant.
3- I solve my computer/programing problems when i'm in the shower, always worked for me.

Greetings

...if I mention "Achilles and the Tortoise", you immediately think "Ant Fugue".

I do have the "Gödel, Escher, Bach..." in my book shelf but I would think assuming opposite of the statement BitBlt is too much.

You've bought one of those license plate holders on which you can have your URL or E-Mail address embossed.

... you can think of 20 words that rhyme with geek.

commented: 1 bad apple... +0

When you start writing scripts that write other scripts to solve a problem that you can't even remember anymore.

You have "Sent from my..." in the signature of all your emails - and you think it is cool!

commented: 1 bad apple.... +0

You wear T-shirts with Star Wars, Stark Trek or any computer-related visuals on them

You don't hand in final papers unless they've been formatted on a desktop publishing program.

You end your sentence like this;

"when you read only the last few post in this thread (skip the rest) and post."

When you start learning about all kind of things without any particular reason

> You know you are a geek when ....
You post "You know you are a geek when ...." threads :)
And also reply to "You know you are a geek when ...." threads ;)

.........when you solve a thread

.........when you solve a thread

Unfortunately not in Daniweb as you "solve" the thread in statistic points if you wrote any message to thread not your own before it was marked solved.

If you explained a solution to OP, and (s)he understood, then you are geek. (If you made OP to find it "himself", you are guru ;) )

Unfortunately not in Daniweb as you "solve" the thread in statistic points if you wrote any message to thread not your own before it was marked solved.

If you explained a solution to OP, and (s)he understood, then you are geek. (If you made OP to find it "himself", you are guru ;) )

i see

When you laugh saying LOL

commented: 1 bad apple.... +0

> You know you are a geek when ....
You can relate to each of the characters in The Big Bang Theory or The IT Crowd... and these are the only TV shows you watch.

you stink from BO after the slightest bit of exercise

When you read almost every reply of this thread and try to match which one you are..

you rate me down in such a ridiculous thread and too scared to confront me

<<snip>>

commented: out is the way to go. +0
commented: it supposed to be for fun.. +0

i know i'm a geek because i let one little down-vote cause me to go crazy!

sorry about the '1 bad apple' down votes to you all, perhaps someone has the time to offset these reps by up-voting and putting '1 good apple' for a comment on each?
it would be good karma

commented: Perhaps you just need another down vote. +0
commented: no excuse for bad karma +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.