Strange. When 'The Hulk' gets angry, he always looses his shirt. But never his pants?!? He also most have lots of expences buying new shirts every time.

EdwardMatthew commented: yes same as I think, why he never looses his pants?? +0

Been a while since I thought of something to add...

I hate the trend these days of showing text messages on a character's phone. These are impossible to read from across the room, even on a big screen TV. In order to keep up with the show I have to keep pausing and walking across the room. In the Cumberbatch/Freeman version of Sherlock, however, instead of showing the screen, they'd show pop-ups of the messages in letters large enough to read. So it can be done correctly. It just mostly isn't.

commented: Very annoying I agree, especially at our age :) +0

I've seen this more often of late. They want to show how alone or isolated a character is (typically the lead) so they show that character unwinding by doing laps in a public pool. Somehow the character is the only person in the pool. No other patrons, no lifeguard, no other staff. Nobody at all. And the lights are always turned way down. I have never been in a pool when there wasn't at least one other person present, yet the lead character always swims in a pool completely alone.

I've been watching a fair bit of old TV shows and old movies. I've noticed that there were a lot more long shots in older shows. And by that I mean duration, not distance. It seems that camera work has followed attention span in that the average shot these days seems to last 2-3 seconds. Perhaps Max Headroom (pilot episode) had it right when they predicted/posited blip-verts. For those who never watched Max Headroom, blip-verts were commercials that were so highly compressed that when watched caused some viewers heads to explode.

I find this particularly bad in home reno shows (my wife loves these) in which they show the rooms of a house before and after reno, but you only get 1-2 seconds of any particular scene - not nearly enough time to assimilate what is being shown.

commented: Short shots in modern film impact engagement. Home reno shows suffer as brief scenes limit detail. A mix could enhance the experience. +0

Currently the thing I hate most about TV shows is how much time elapses between seasons. I feel like I've been waiting for season 2 of Severance on AppleTV for forever! (It's been over 2 years already since season 1 debuted.) Speaking of that, is there ever going to be a second season for Squid Game? I can't imagine that Netflix wouldn’t invest more in something that was so popular and made them so much money.

commented: The SAG and Writers' strikes didn't help +0

Fer sher. You pretty much have to watch the previous season again before you start the next one. I'm still waiting for season 2 of The Old Man (Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow). At my age sometimes I lose the thread if two weeks goes by between episodes. Sometimes I'll wait until the end of a season before I watch any of it. I especially hate it when a good show gets canned before the story is told. Case in point - Flash Forward was a really good show that never got a second season. I ended up reading the book it was based on, but it was so different from the series that it didn't answer any questions.

Then there are series like Revolution which were just stupid from the get go.

is there ever going to be a second season for Squid Game

Yes, already announced, available soon.

That's my point, though. Gone are the days when a show would break for a summer and the next season would start up again in the fall.

Gone are the days

That's pretty much the case for everything. I remember when TV sucked all through summer vacation and I couldn't wait for the end of September for the new seasons to start. Of course it was bittersweet because September also meant back to school.

I'll mention a few more things that may have been mentioned before but I don't feel like rereading the entire thread to make sure.

The interrupted first kiss. You all know this one. They play out the mutual attraction between two leads with the "will they - won't they" tease. When they are finally in a position for that first kiss they take so long approaching each others lips and just before they finally connect they are interrupted.

The "it's complicated" explanation. It really isn't.

The "I'm finally going to tell her my big secret" scenario where just before the big reveal something happens to thwart it. How many times did Clark Kent decide to spill his guts to Lana Lang, and didn't?

The misinterpreted situation where one person just happens to come into a scene at exactly the right moment to draw exactly the wrong conclusion.

Any scenario where the aftermath can be summarized as "hijinks ensue".

You know, there are few things more frustrating than getting interested in a TV show only to find it falling short of expectations. From the overly predictable plotlines to the underdeveloped characters, there's a huge list.
But what really get irritated by is when the dialogue feels forced, like the writers are trying too hard to be clever or funny. It just takes me right out of the story and makes me wish I could write the script myself. And don't even get me started on those endings that leave you waiting anxiously for what feels like forever, only to have a really disappointing resolution. It's like they're toying with our emotions for the sake of ratings, and honestly, it's exhausting.
Also reality shows, don't even get me started on this
For eg this over popular Indian reality show, which is not so real btw
https://www.adgully.com/salman-khan-s-bigg-boss-most-liked-hindi-tv-show-125909.html
Another thing I find annoying is, the lack of diversity in both casting and storytelling. It is a major letdown. It's high time TV shows started reflecting the real world instead of showing tired stereotypes and plain stories. Give us something fresh, something authentic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.