Well just this emulater and pretend your using it!
http://almighty.c64.org

What a grand Machene :)

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

I have a bunch of emulators (Amiga, C64-128, +4, ZX, Nitendo...) and 1000's of games for it. I don't miss it at all.

Keeps me puzzled that the games are still beeing made for C64.

They are?????

I didnt know that.......What games were released recently??

I love C64 and i use mine alot!!

Look at http://C64.com

The site changed. Used to have advanced search engine.
It was possible to search the games by year published, and I saw 2003, 2004, 2005... Yup, still being made, only it's a freeware. And all the games are free there.

That is totally k-rad!!!!!! (If the games are still as good as they were)

Ill have to take a gander @ that site!!

Merci Beaucoup :)

If you still have tapes with games, there is a way of transfering them on your pc in format used by c64 emulators. Just hook up casette player to your soundcard (line-in), play the tape and record the sound. There is program called tape64 that "reads" the recorded sound and "translates" it in .tap format. It's freeware.

Have fun!

had both the vic20 and C64. back in they day they were king :)

I had C64. Friend of mine had +4. Another one had ZX spectrum.

And a BUNCH of games.

Way kewlioes! I have a TRS-80 that still has the Users Manual, Tape Deck well is just all there, heck I am so geekish even saved the original plastic wrap in came in. (price was $289 back then).
I miss my Com64.
Far as games go, my fave to this day is "The Hitchikers Guide to The Galaxy", a text game, and "Farenhight 451" also text.
I am on anothers box at this time, so am lacking the time and resources to look up and bkmark the links.
The UNIX/DOS/BASIC are the Mothers of Invention, and back then as well as to this day, we all share and distribute EVERYTHING to any that ask.

I opine for the days of Green Text on a Black Screen,,,now that is SEXY!

[edit] ^ OMG! There's a Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Commodore game? That's AWESOME!

It's just not the same... I use emulators all the time, but it's not the same unles s you get a controller for it, or in this case, one of those old keyboards with a 104 bit modem in the back :)

LOL Do I ever!! I had 3 Amigas in my past life and I miss them all!! I used to compose music on my Amiga using Oktalyzer, and their is nothing on the PC that can come even close!! I really really miss it!! And, if anybody has a copy of it for use on an Amiga 1200 (The GOD of all computers) (bog standard, no memory add-ons etc.) i would be eternally greatfull!!

I bought two complete commodore's on an fleamarket for 2 euro (2 commodore's (But 1 is not working), over 100 diskette's and about 20 tapes, 1 disk drive and 3 tape recorders). It were 3 boxes full of stuff!

But my parents get pretty pissed when I take it down to hook it up to my television :P.

EMulators cannot change real commodore.I have at home commodore 128d with many disketest but i dont have joystick so i cant use them.Toobad.

Have you tried looking on E-Bay for a joystick? I think, unless I am mistaken, they use the same port as an Amiga joystick which is where I picked up my joystick for my Amiga from.

There are always adapters that you can get (or make) online, too. I know, back in the days of Win3.1, you could get an adapter that would allow you to hook up an Atari 2600 joystick into your printer port. (I wanted one of those... especially after the power source in my Atari fried)

I used to compose music on my Amiga using Oktalyzer

Cripes! That brings back the memories. I reviewed Oktalyzer for the Just Amiga Monthly (JAM) fanzine. Great application...

LOL yep! Nothing like it nowadays! Even though the Pc can let you play with up to 255 Midi Channels (and maybe more?) And play "Real Music." The best songs I found were in Demos! Anybody remember Freestyle UK and Scopex?

There are always adapters that you can get (or make) online, too. I know, back in the days of Win3.1, you could get an adapter that would allow you to hook up an Atari 2600 joystick into your printer port. (I wanted one of those... especially after the power source in my Atari fried)

Joystick port(s) on C64/128 is identical to serial port on any PC. The jack (and the cable) is not a problem. Problem is in the joystick itself, because it is not analog as todays joystick, but "digital" (5 switches - left right up down and fire button). Don't really see how can you solve that with any adapter.

EMulators cannot change real commodore.I have at home commodore 128d with many disketest but i dont have joystick so i cant use them.Toobad.

You can use your keyboard on most games mate :)

Emulators are sweet :)

Heres a discussion site dealing with 8 bit computers,its quite nice :)

http://forums.petscii.com

I was too young for those and my dad could never afford one.

I grew up on DOS, os/2 and windows 3.1 - those were the days.....

Sigh, I never had one...
My parents could easily afford them but never pampered us kids (and didn't think computers were important for education which at the time was quite correct).
First computer I had (or rather my parents) was an original IBM PC Portable, back in 1984.
Before that I'd used the Apple II a friend had at home.

My first pc was an old amstrad with one of those massive floppy disk drives and and old AST computer with 20mhz, 8mb ram and windows 3.11 and (gasp) a cdrom drive

And we also used those really ancient BBC Microcomputers in school up until about 1998 (im not joking, our school muct have had them about 20 years)

I had BBC emulator on my C64. (back in mid-80's)

Wat is a BBC emulator??

:D

a BBC is a really crappy computer that has like 16kb of ram and about a 2mhz CPU.

2 MHz? That's fast....

...comparing to the C64 (1 MHz).

my win 3.1 PC had a 25mhz 486 compatible cyrix chip and 8mb ram

i still have it today except i upgraded it to NT 3.51 and put 16mb ram in it (the max) Right now it has IE5 on it along with an ancient version of office and works nicely with my windows 9x network, it plays cds etc too.

My next step from C64 was AMD 486 @ 100 MHz, 8 Megs of ram 850 Megs HD and whole 1 meg videocard (Trident). only CPU is still in use from that machinery. Everything else died, except mobo. HD worked for 10 years, until my bro tried to plug in some VLB ISA IDE controller in the non-VLB ISA slot with HD attached to it.

... but the CPU stil works on "brand-new" PCI-slot mobo, Win 95, and bunch of old games...

lol i have a 1mb video card in my server (circa 1999) and it does me just fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.