I've expanded mine to 2 Megs. Now I can see 1024*768 in 16 bit color depth, lol. (Trident 9440 VL) It has 2 memory chip slots for the extra memory. And to think of my current VGA with 512 megs...

yeah i have a 2mb trident in an old thinkpad

an, the BBC Acorn. Had a friend who had one of those. Later as a student one of my fellows was fond of the later models, the Archimedes line.
So fond in fact that he ran a small business supporting them and creating software for them.

I still have my 64K Tandy Color Computer - the first home computer able to run UNIX. And it was totally virus-proof (except when running UNIX).

The only reason I don't use it anymore is that I can't get supplies for it. It can't operate any current printers or disk drives, and I can't ger materials for the old ones.

UNIX has viruses?

I have an ancient sun machine somewhere that ran a variant of UNIX but I cant use it anymore. The CMOS battery died but it is physically embedded in the system :(

I've heard a myth that BBC was selling extra because of game called "Elite"...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.