If you really want to get revenge without risking your job, then scrap his PERSONAL computer, not his work comp.
EDIT: Woops, i guess i should read the entire thread, or atleast the posting date of the original post before posting a comment.

I guess you should have read the fine print.;)
I wonder what version of Windows Microsoft depreciated del *.* from the terminal. In any case I shall let this thread rest in piece until somebody new answers my question which is not meant to be answered ;)

>>I wonder what version of Windows Microsoft depreciated del *.* from the terminal.

What makes you think it was depreciated? That command is still alive and well in Windows 7.

>>I wonder what version of Windows Microsoft depreciated del *.* from the terminal.

What makes you think it was depreciated? That command is still alive and well in Windows 7.

Well when I loaded Windows 7 into my virtual box and performed del *.* on drive C and various other directories it did not delete a single file. Whenever I used wild cards it would not delete. And in some cases it came up with a permission denied error in the terminal even for the program files directory. So from my tests which you can see in the youtube link at my previous posts that it is impossible to delete all your files using that one simple command in windows 7 as wild cards simply just don't work on the del command. Try it yourself by installing a program you don't like and load up the terminal and perform the following:
Lets say the program installed at C:\Program Files\Astro32

C:> cd Program Files
C:\Program Files> cd Astro32
c:\Program Files\Astro32>del *.*

You will most likely come across permission denied errors or it may say their successfully deleted when in actuality the files haven't been touched at all. This is because in windows 7 the Program Files directory has special permissions and same with the Windows directory and Users directory. So try it yourself and you will see what I mean.

Your program is not related to del command, but permissions. Windows 7 doesn't all you to delete files from c:\windows and c:\Program Files folders for security reasons. That doesn't make del a deprecated command.

Working with a folder that you have created yourself and have permissions, to delete all the files in that folder and all sub-folders del /S /Q *.* Now if you want to also remove all the folders rmdir /Q /S <parent folder name> To get online help with these commands del /?

Your program is not related to del command, but permissions. Windows 7 doesn't all you to delete files from c:\windows and c:\Program Files folders for security reasons. That doesn't make del a deprecated command.

Working with a folder that you have created yourself and have permissions, to delete all the files in that folder and all sub-folders del /S /Q *.* Now if you want to also remove all the folders rmdir /Q /S <parent folder name> To get online help with these commands del /?

Thankyou. I shall make another youtube clip that features these commands. I wonder what the following will do?

C:> del /S /Q *.*

Or if that won't work is there a way to force windows core files to be deleted to mess up the system?

I think this thread has gone far enough. Since we're getting into the realm of remedial hacking advice, I'm going to call an end to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.