Not really, just that I need to screw up my friend's computer at work. We're always attacking each other on the computer, but this time it's gone too far. He put a script on my computer so that every time I log on, the computer restarts, or logs off, making it imposible to log in. I have ways around it though, but I need something to mess up his computer bad enough so he can't figure it out and I have to help him, but not too bad so I don't get fired. Are there any suggestions for screwing his computer?

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

Not really, just that I need to screw up my friend's computer at work. We're always attacking each other on the computer, but this time it's gone too far. He put a script on my computer so that every time I log on, the computer restarts, or logs off, making it imposible to log in. I have ways around it though, but I need something to mess up his computer bad enough so he can't figure it out and I have to help him, but not too bad so I don't get fired. Are there any suggestions for screwing his computer?

Most corporations of any size have written policies that warn against sabotage of any type on:

• Company Hardare
  • Company Software
  • Company Networks

Setting timebombs on a company machine or running a malicious script sounds like loads of fun in theory until it backfires and perhaps corrupts a database, for example.

Everything is monitored nowadays. The best advice is to warn your friend that he could lose his job while you retain yours. If an employee was doing this to systems that I owned I would fire them immediately. It is unprofessional, dangerous, and enough to get you blacklisted in some industries.

Be very careful.

sharky_machine

Yes, don't attack him back. You may have gotten away with it before, as has he, but that doesn't mean to say it will continue like that, especially if it has got to the point of mailicious scripts. You may feel angry right now, but if you do something that gets you fired or worse, you will regret it for much, much longer.

Set his stapler in jelly.

I wouldnt go around sabotaging computers; if I tried that here I'd be reminded not to forget my coat on the way out.

Set his stapler in jelly.

That's really good. I think something smaller like paper clips or maybe his mouse!

If you do decide to mess with his computer something like start menu that moves around or just a play virus would probably be more effective.

OR.. you could just sign his email account up to loads of newsletters!

You're both despicable.
You're destroying company property and wasting company time.
You should both be fired on the spot.

You're both despicable.
You're destroying company property and wasting company time.
You should both be fired on the spot.

Yeah, you guys really are not being professional. Tell him it's gone too far and you're done. If he does not fix your computer's problems, report him.

Are there any suggestions for screwing his computer?

Yeah. Grow up. If you become mature, he won't find it so funny.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I'd be tempted to write a program which recursively wipes all his files on the C: drive. Wait you might get fired for that.

How about a program which copies all his directories onto a safe place on your network, and then recursively deleting all his files on his C: drive. That way he'll be begging you for help.

Let me know if you need a sample code snippet. He he.

How did you get hired? The point of work is, wait for it, TO WORK! Not to kill your "friend's" computer, and not to waste the companies resources.

A play virus is as far as you should go and nothing more. Boy, I bet you are regretting ever posting this thread.

wait for him in the parking lot after work. and when he comes out KICK HIM IN THE BALLS!!!
then make him beg for his manhood

commented: not a computer trick +0
commented: I will kick your balls for reviving a dead thread with a useless post +0

What don't you do something more productive, like creating applications that sell on iphones? :)

Are there any suggestions for screwing his computer?

Its not his computer, its company property. If you had his personal computer in a non-official environment, then you can go around with such jokes

What you could do is send him an email and tell your friend to type the following into start->run or on windows 7 the search box on the start menu.

del *

Maybe you could tell him that it will double his cpu and make is computer faster but will be interesting to see how that will work out.

PS
If he is using Linux then /dev/null is a great secure folder to save stuff to *cough* will delete files *cough*.

What you could do is send him an email and tell your friend to type the following into start->run or on windows 7 the search box on the start menu.

for someone who could write such a script, i guess he would be knowledgeable enough to know the implications

for someone who could write such a script, i guess he would be knowledgeable enough to know the implications

Unless he had a false knowledge. del could stand for dell computers ;)

so how would typing del(dell computers by you) increase computer speed.

It executes a hidden task that del stores on the computer which a trained it consultant can use to speed up the computer so he gets paid more. And you would say "But I have discovered this hidden code it consultants use as I had a hidden webcam in the room while my techie was at my house/apartment. It was fun watching the techie just perform this one simple task to fix all the problems with my computer".

cwarn23, you must be good at playing tricks. That dude must be lucky you're not the one he's playing games with.

cwarn23, you must be good at playing tricks. That dude must be lucky you're not the one he's playing game with.

Indeed :)

This may seem like a novel concept but you are at work so act like an adult and do the job you are getting paid to do. You aren't getting paid to attack your friends computer. If you continue to do so, you may get fired or he will just retaliate and it will continue until either of you stop. But hey, if you want just delete his system32 *joking* ;)

5 years since the first post here :icon_rolleyes:

commented: Congrats! +0

What cwarn said is just clearing the prefetch folder but btw its still a good trick:)

@ Crunchie

Thank the person who revive it;)

holy crap, every one should chill out. Seriously, this is a 5 year old thread I started when I was young and dumb. I remember that job and it was an unpaid internship. During down times, my coworker and I would try to mess with each other. That was a crap long time ago.

commented: xD +0
commented: Well said sir! +0

Upside-down can of dust off and a thrown together electromagnet.

commented: nice! :) +0

that's just evil man

commented: You're back;) +0

I have made a youtube clip just for this thread for what happens when you perform del *.* on drive C: and many other directories too in Windows 7. The link is below :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW2z5YKhL2Q

holy crap, every one should chill out. Seriously, this is a 5 year old thread I started when I was young and dumb. I remember that job and it was an unpaid internship. During down times, my coworker and I would try to mess with each other. That was a crap long time ago.

Holy crap you're back:D. I agree let's just allow this thread to R.I.P

If you really want to get revenge without risking your job, then scrap his PERSONAL computer, not his work comp.
EDIT: Woops, i guess i should read the entire thread, or atleast the posting date of the original post before posting a comment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.