Hmm.. there was something I heard or read that said not all of them were taken into the ark. Scratch that. =/ I'll have to read it again.

I must say this whole thread has got me reading over things again. I even went out and bought a new bible yesterday (TNIV) to compare to my NKJV

read my research paper again... it thoroghly annalizes the validity and accuracy of the Bible. Why do you need proof so much?

It reminds me of the kid in that move The Santa Clause. "Have you ever seen $1 million face to face? Does that mean it doesn't exist?"

History and archaeology backs it up.

You cannot honestly say that the entire Bible is fact. Most Christians don't even take the bible literally.. There is very little proof to bak-up the Bible.

I must say this whole thread has got me reading over things again. I even went out and bought a new bible yesterday (TNIV) to compare to my NKJV

Oh really? Yeah, I read both. Sometimes I like the NKJV better just because of the way it's written.
I agree, this thread is pretty bad... people rely on science so much. It kills me. Science is never going to answer every question. And that is a fact.

You cannot honestly say that the entire Bible is fact. Most Christians don't even take the bible literally.. There is very little proof to bak-up the Bible.

If most Christians don't take the Bible literally, then what do they believe in? The Bible is a key factor in Christianity. I don't think that is true at all.
There is very much proof to back up the bible. You should research that. I already have. That's why I believe in it.

Oh really? Yeah, I read both. Sometimes I like the NKJV better just because of the way it's written.
I agree, this thread is pretty bad... people rely on science so much. It kills me. Science is never going to answer every question. And that is a fact.

lol.. no its not.. Why can people not see the truth? There is no god, no jesus.. only science. Science governs the universe.. and there is not much that it cannot explain.

There is acctually a large amount of evidence to back up the bible more and more the further you get into the bible ill admit that things are fuzzy towards the beginning but there is still evidence to back even those parts up.

If most Christians don't take the Bible literally, then what do they believe in? The Bible is a key factor in Christianity. I don't think that is true at all.
There is very much proof to back up the bible. You should research that. I already have. That's why I believe in it.

No, go look it up.. Most Christians do not take the bible literally. The entire Catholic faith, the first christians and the largest christian membership, does not take the bible literally. Neither does most protestant religions. Most people believe in what the bible is trying to convey, they don't actually believe all the parables and such.

I have been pretty much raised on the NKJV version mainly because as a kid that was what i was required to have at school however the NIV intrigues me because it was a fresh translation of all the hebrew and aramaic texts

lol.. no its not.. Why can people not see the truth? There is no god, no jesus.. only science. Science governs the universe.. and there is not much that it cannot explain.

Science is a way for people to escape faith.

No, go look it up.. Most Christians do not take the bible literally. The entire Catholic faith, the first christians and the largest christian membership, does not take the bible literally. Neither does most protestant religions. Most people believe in what the bible is trying to convey, they don't actually believe all the parables and such.

Parables were stories told by jesus to present the truth to them in modern day terms ( or modern for back then).

I would have to disagree with that Science can teach us a great deal about the world we live in people simply use it as a way/excuse to escape faith.

read... my... paper... again?

faith is a way for people to escape death

read... my... paper... again?

your paper doesn't prove a damn thing

Go look what up? I've been a Christian since I was born, I know the stats. Catholics are much different in views than Protestants. I've been to almost every kind of church you can think of. Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Holiness, Adventist, Assembly of God, Church of God (where I attend now). And ALL of those branches believe the Bible to be the Word of God, and therefore, everything in it is errorless.

Parables were like lasher said, a simple story illustrating a moral or religious lesson. Jesus spoke in parables to teach them. So of course, Christians are going to believe in them. =/

Eh, it definitely does.

prove it wrong then... what historical evidence have YOU found that backs up your beliefs? you rely on science too much kid.

Go look what up? I've been a Christian since I was born, I know the stats. Catholics are much different in views than Protestants. I've been to almost every kind of church you can think of. Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Holiness, Adventist, Assembly of God, Church of God (where I attend now). And ALL of those branches believe the Bible to be the Word of God, and therefore, everything in it is errorless.

Parables were like lasher said, a simple story illustrating a moral or religious lesson. Jesus spoke in parables to teach them. So of course, Christians are going to believe in them. =/

The Catholics were the first Christians. Jesus' apostles were Catholic. All the other religions broke away from the catholic church.. And the Catholics do NOT take the bible literally.. Most protestants don't either. It is still the 'Word of God', but people realize that not everything in there is true. Men wrote the bible, and men are prone to make mistakes.
.. And I am pretty sure that baptists and methodists don't take the bible literally either.

commented: -mike555 +1

prove it wrong then... what historical evidence have YOU found that backs up your beliefs? you rely on science too much kid.

If your paper proves half of what you say it does, then why haven't you published it? I mean, It is sure to convert all atheists to christians, since it proves that the bible is true? Am I right?

The Catholics were the first Christians. Jesus' apostles were Catholic. All the other religions broke away from the catholic church.. And the Catholics do NOT take the bible literally.. Most protestants don't either. It is still the 'Word of God', but people realize that not everything in there is true. Men wrote the bible, and men are prone to make mistakes.
.. And I am pretty sure that baptists and methodists don't take the bible literally either.

HAHAHA.. Jesus' apostles were Catholic??? Excuse me????
Read my last post. I didn't say the catholics weren't the first christians. And I also didn't say the catholics took the bible literally. My first sentence explained that Catholics and Protestants are very different in views. And I also told you about all the Protestant churches I've been to. Methodists and baptists don't take the bible literally? Wow. That is completely untrue.

Really you are telling us alot about how we are just wrong and not giving us any real argument as to why. your very quick to jump in and say that any information and links we put up to argue our point is biased or that its just not true.

The Catholics were the first Christians. Jesus' apostles were Catholic.

deffinately think you've lost all credibility from me...

If your paper proves half of what you say it does, then why haven't you published it? I mean, It is sure to convert all atheists to christians, since it proves that the bible is true? Am I right?

and you're right, if people were... what is it... open-minded?

Over the last 2000 years i think that the catholics have really lost sight of the whole point that jesus was trying to make.

I still don't think you've answered his question.
Why don't you prove him wrong?

HAHAHA.. Jesus' apostles were Catholic??? Excuse me????
Read my last post. I didn't say the catholics weren't the first christians. And I also didn't say the catholics took the bible literally. My first sentence explained that Catholics and Protestants are very different in views. And I also told you about all the Protestant churches I've been to. Methodists and baptists don't take the bible literally? Wow. That is completely untrue.

Um.. Peter, Jesus' disciple (Do you know who he is?) was the first POPE! It is documented that the very first christians were catholic. The protestants broke away from the catholic church. Why do you think that all the other denominations are grouped under 'protestant', and why do the catholics have the MOST members than any other religion on the EARTH. The Catholics did not take the bible literally, and they are the dominate christian denomination.

deffinately think you've lost all credibility from me...

Go look it up. The Catholics were the first Christians. It's a FACT.

I still don't think you've answered his question.
Why don't you prove him wrong?

I have one word for all of you: science

Science has proved more to us about the world we live in than the bible has.

Um.. Peter, Jesus' disciple (Do you know who he is?) was the first POPE! It is documented that the very first christians were catholic. The protestants broke away from the catholic church. Why do you think that all the other denominations are grouped under 'protestant', and why do the catholics have the MOST members than any other religion on the EARTH. The Catholics did not take the bible literally, and they are the dominate christian denomination.

Wait, wait, wait. Are you contradicting yourself here? I thought you were atheist. And everything in the Bible is incorrect... science rules the universe.. hmm?

You're taking up for Catholicism and Atheism?

This could simply be because the Catholics have been around for so long. Besides the catholics do not dominate the christian world just because they are the best known does not make them dominant.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.