Why do you always want so much evidence and proof?

You have somehow gotten into your head that a majority makes fact.

No, science is fact. And you are foolish for not believing it. You have obviously never researched the kinds of tools scientists use for dating the Earth.

Why do you always want so much evidence and proof?

b/c without evidence how do we know what is true and what is fictional? I don't know about you, but I would prefer to know and understand only what is real..

And what if you come across an unanswered question that not even science can reveal? What will you do then?

First of all, I used to be catholic, so I know what I am talking about. All catholics believe that dinosaurs died out 64 million years ago..

You speak, but you know nothing of what you say. There is more evidence than you can possibly imagine.. Why don't you go to one of those website I posted earlier... There is much more evidence that the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million yrs. ago than there is evidence against it.
Perhaps you should do a little bit of research be4 posting again...

So suddenly you speak for over a billion catholics do you?

I have done my research infact most of your information seems to say that the dinosaurs pretty much all died out at the same time. Ok lets say it was a meteor. How did all the other spiecies survive then there is bound to be amoung all the numerous dinosaurs at least a few spiecies that survived.

Just because there is a lack of evidence that something existed past a certain point does not mean that it did not especially when you are using things like Fossils to determine such things

No, science is fact. And you are foolish for not believing it. You have obviously never researched the kinds of tools scientists use for dating the Earth.

Im not talking about science here im talking about the billion catholics that you say don't take the bible literally.

Science is not fact. Science is infact the search for answers. Just because thats all that science has found so far does not make it fact it just means they have not found any evidence to contradict that

And what if you come across an unanswered question that not even science can reveal? What will you do then?

There are several questions that science cannot answer today. What does this mean? That there must be some super being creator out there somewhere? No, only that our technology is not quite there yet. In the future science will be able to answer everything; there will be no religion in the world. But as for now, I simply stick to the laws that govern the universe. They have never been wrong yet..

There are several questions that science cannot answer today. What does this mean? That there must be some super being creator out there somewhere? No, only that our technology is not quite there yet. In the future science will be able to answer everything; there will be no religion in the world. But as far now, I simply stick to the laws that govern the universe. They have never been wrong yet..

I guess.

So suddenly you speak for over a billion catholics do you?

I have done my research infact most of your information seems to say that the dinosaurs pretty much all died out at the same time. Ok lets say it was a meteor. How did all the other spiecies survive then there is bound to be amoung all the numerous dinosaurs at least a few spiecies that survived.

Once again, you prove that you know nothing about what you are talking about. Go online and research what scientists think happened to the dinosaurs. A meteor supposedly hit somewhere in the gulf of Mexico, and caused massive floods.. There are theories that say the entire sky went dark, and the dinosaurs died out from lack of food. Keep in mind that the dinosaurs were very large, so they could not easily escape from conditions such as this. From my understanding, a very small mammal was able to dig underground and survive b/c of its small size. Later, it gave rise to all other mammals and so began the Cenozoic era. There is plenty of scientific evidence to back these theories..

Just because there is a lack of evidence that something existed past a certain point does not mean that it did not especially when you are using things like Fossils to determine such things

Okay then, explain how we have found fossils dated as far back as 250-65 million years ago, and yet we have found no others past that point in time.

Once again, you prove that you know nothing about what you are talking about. Go online and research what scientists think happened to the dinosaurs. A meteor supposedly hit somewhere in the gulf of Mexico, and caused massive floods.. There are theories that say the entire sky went dark, and the dinosaurs died out from lack of food. Keep in mind that the dinosaurs were very large, so they could not easily escape from conditions such as this. From my understanding, a very small mammal was able to dig underground and survive b/c of its small size. Later, it gave rise to all other mammals and so began the Cenozoic era. There is plenty of scientific evidence to back these theories..

Think? Theory? This was all "Scientific fact" a minute ago. These are all specualtions as to what might have happend to the dinosaurs. A flood could have caused all these things as well and there is no way to even prove that any of these dating methods are accurate past a certain point infact the only way to prove that is to run a test like that over a couple of millenia. This would also make it more possible for at least one or 2 speicies of dinosaurs to have made it

Okay then, explain how we have found fossils dated as far back as 250-65 million years ago, and yet we have found no others past that point in time.

That is exactly the point im trying to make you have fossils up to 65 million years and then nothing so there is no way to know what survived past this point.

Think? Theory? This was all "Scientific fact" a minute ago. These are all specualtions as to what might have happend to the dinosaurs. A flood could have caused all these things as well and there is no way to even prove that any of these dating methods are accurate past a certain point infact the only way to prove that is to run a test like that over a couple of millenia. This would also make it more possible for at least one or 2 speicies of dinosaurs to have made it

Scientists don't know exactly what happened, but they do know that all the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. Do you even know what carbon dating is? It's based on the KNOWN half-life of elements. We KNOW what the half life is, and we know how old fossils and such are. We do not need to test it for a millenia b/c we already know what it is..

I know what carbon dating is and how it works what im saying is that we know the halflife of an element over a short period of time but there is no way to tell wether that is consistant over a longer period of time. I am not saying that carbon dating does not work what i am saying is from what i have seen we are using a method to supposedly prove something when the method being used has not been proven to be correct.

I think in all reality i think its probably a very effective method of dating. I am just a sceptic and exploring all the options as with any of the things i have been saying.

I also think that if there are no fossils that have been found past about 65 million years then there is no way of telling what survived past this point.

Im just keeping an open mind about it and nobody is stopping you from having a closed one.

Completely off topic but can i get you to go to www.marymead.org.au/donations.html and tell me if you can see anything on there about buy a brick.
(i still can't see our website from within the marymead network)

Completely off topic but can i get you to go to www.marymead.org.au/donations.html and tell me if you can see anything on there about buy a brick.
(i still can't see our website from within the marymead network)

yea i do.. I forgot that you had that problem; did nothing i say work?

nah its a big of a bummer especially when you are trying to update. I have my computer completely bypassing the proxie server now and it still wont work for me.

Thanks for checking that for me though i cant get onto msn at the moment to ask one of my friends if it had updated.

I know what carbon dating is and how it works what im saying is that we know the halflife of an element over a short period of time but there is no way to tell wether that is consistant over a longer period of time. I am not saying that carbon dating does not work what i am saying is from what i have seen we are using a method to supposedly prove something when the method being used has not been proven to be correct.

I think in all reality i think its probably a very effective method of dating. I am just a sceptic and exploring all the options as with any of the things i have been saying.

I also think that if there are no fossils that have been found past about 65 million years then there is no way of telling what survived past this point.

Im just keeping an open mind about it and nobody is stopping you from having a closed one.

Even if we have not been able to prove that carbon dating still works after a large amt. of time, we can still prove that it works. For example, other artifacts that have been found and tested different ways have the same results as carbon dating. Just b/c we haven't actually proved that it works over a period of time doesn't mean that it doesn't. No one has actually solved an infinite sum by adding it all up.. but we know what the sum may converge to through science and math. The same is true for this process of carbon dating.. It's logic and reasoning.. We don't know the sun will rise tomorrow, but it has on every day prior to today, so we assume it will.

I don't like science. The only branches I like is chemistry and human anatomy/physiology.

I don't like science. The only branches I like is chemistry and human anatomy/physiology.

Well perhaps that explains why you can't understand my argument;)

Lol.. I absolutely love learning about the human body. It's so interesting. That's why I'm studying to become a Nurse Practioner.

Lol.. I absolutely love learning about the human body. It's so interesting. That's why I'm studying to become a Nurse Practioner.

really? that's cool.. You're a junior right? I'm still not sure if I want to major in something computer related or go into the medical field too..

really? that's cool.. You're a junior right? I'm still not sure if I want to major in something computer related or go into the medical field too..

Yep, junior :-/
I can't wait for high school to be over and actually focus on things that really matter to me.
What would you do if you chose something in healthcare?

commented: Free REP! Nice plans -Josh +3

Yep, junior :-/
I can't wait for high school to be over and actually focus on things that really matter to me.
What would you do if you chose something in healthcare?

haha, yea.. only one more month for me!! If I did something in health care I would do pre-med, then hopefully go to medical school and become a doctor (neurologist would be nice..)

Where do you plan to go for college? VT?

haha, yea.. only one more month for me!! If I did something in health care I would do pre-med, then hopefully go to medical school and become a doctor (neurologist would be nice..)

Where do you plan to go for college? VT?

Oh, that's awesome. I wanted to be a neurologist for quite some time and then realized how extremely hard it would be (plus the amount of years spent in school). So I settled for NP.

VT doesn't really have what I'm looking for, so I'm going to a local college for 4 years and then Mountain State University for the next 2 years. I've got it all planned out. Lol.

Oh, that's awesome. I wanted to be a neurologist for quite some time and then realized how extremely hard it would be (plus the amount of years spent in school). So I settled for NP.

VT doesn't really have what I'm looking for, so I'm going to a local college for 4 years and then Mountain State University for the next 2 years. I've got it all planned out. Lol.

haha.. yea, the reason I didn't want to go to medical school was b/c it would be hard as hell and take up half my life !

wow, you've got it all planned out lol.. I need to plan ahead and get some goals planned out too..

haha.. yea, the reason I didn't want to go to medical school was b/c it would be hard as hell and take up half my life !

wow, you've got it all planned out lol.. I need to plan ahead and get some goals planned out too..

Haha, I'd say! Especially if you're graduating in a month.

Medicine for me as well. :)

Except, Duke's my college of choice.

Medicine for me as well. :)

Except, Duke's my college of choice.

sweet man.. what exactly do you want to do in the medical field? Duke is an awesome college.. I was accepted there, but It's too far from home for me.. And expensive..

commented: -mike555 +1
commented: you were accepted to Duke. that's enough reason for rep points. gj. -christina +4

Well as of now my undergrad will be a double major: bio & mol bio.

Medicine> To tell ya the truth, I really have no clue, but resarch medicine has always caught my eye. :icon_biggrin:

But ya, Duke's a lot closer for me (I'm from Knoxville), and cost....let's just say I'll be working my ass off while in college. :icon_wink:

commented: haha 'ain't that the truth! (working my ass off..) -Josh +3

Well as of now my undergrad will be a double major: bio & mol bio.

Medicine> To tell ya the truth, I really have no clue, but resarch medicine has always caught my eye. :icon_biggrin:

But ya, Duke's a lot closer for me (I'm from Knoxville), and cost....let's just say I'll be working my ass off while in college. :icon_wink:

Sweet.. yea I was thinking of double majoring in comp. engineering and pre-med until I figured out what I wanted to do.. I'm good at bio and physics, but I hate chemistry..

haha yea.. college costs way too much these days.. rice is almost 45k per year!! I'll be working my ass of in college too, and I'll still graduate >100k in debt:S

commented: Thanks..:icon_biggrin: -'Stein +6

Haha yea. Where are ya going again? (you're a seinor, right?)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.