That damn certification is a joke.. Cisco is just trying to retain control over the industry by invading education and making people learn their stuff.. I took Cisco semester I this year, and it sucked. They made all the questions really tricky.. I ended up earning my semester one certificate (which means absolutely nothing), but I don't think I will continue the course b/c the curriculum sucks ass.

You took Cisco in high school?

Yea.. They offer it as a college credit course at the advanced technology center. I didn't like it at all, but many companies require it for Net professionals =/.. I prefer comptia's exams

Yeah, my boyfriend does too.

That's pretty impressive though.. we don't have opportunities like that here.

ahhic.. Did he enjoy it? Has he completed both semesters yet?

The CCNA exam is a toughie..

Umm.. I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him about all this. (It doesn't interest me that much... lol)

But I'm pretty sure he hasn't taken the CCNA exam yet. You already have???

Umm.. I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him about all this. (It doesn't interest me that much... lol)

But I'm pretty sure he hasn't taken the CCNA exam yet. You already have???

haha.. hell no. I've only taken one semester out of 2 that are covered on the exam. I took a practice one, and I got raped lol..

Aw, you don't like networking? What do you enjoy then? (Technically related) You plan on going to nursing school, isn't that right?

christina isnt much of an IT nerd, methinks she just came here for her boyfriend and the posting games ;)

haha... That's probably true.

Nursing, eh? That's got the second highest failure rate in my university, apparently. Elec eng has the highest followed by CS I believe (in third place that is).

lol.. really? Well, let's hope you don't drop out..

>> Well, let's hope you don't drop out..
Appreciated. I'll try to be as nihilistic as possible :idea:

hahaa.. great idea

i fancy doing astrophysics or summit, way more up my street! :)

Or perhaps a space science degree (just a Bphys not an Mphys) or whatever they call it now Bsc, Bphys, meh all the same in the end!

>> Or perhaps a space science degree
You should take one of those space tours. Might be expensive, but definitely worth it! Probably a bsc.

Anyone ever want to make funny words out of their degrees? Like, if you got a BA and then a BE, you are, educationally speaking, a BABE :)

Really? I would have never guessed that from your avatar... :D

Astrophysics does sound interesting.. but I've never really taken a course in it so I don't really know whether I'd like it or not.

Particle physics was fascinating when I did it in school. I loved it. Might have been cause it was interesting and easy (always a good combination :))

Anyone ever want to make funny words out of their degrees? Like, if you got a BA and then a BE, you are, educationally speaking, a BABE :)

haha.. BA is batchelor's, but what is BE?

Bachelor of Arts and Engineering. Sorry.

I'll hopefully be a BEEE :)

Bsc Is better

wut about a phd

CCNA is easy

I'm too lazy to read the rest of what you guys wrote... :P

PHD is a bit pointless unless you want to go into some bigtime research or be a good teacher.

CCNA is easy? Have you even taken the test? And passed?

My CCNA expires in a week or so. I passed easily the first time. No interest in renewing though, it didn't do anything for me...

How lonng does it last for?

And is it better to get Cisco or M$ ?

Did you actually enroll in the 2 semester course, or just teach yourself?

CCNA lasts 3 years. As to Cisco vs. Microsoft, they're completely different and it depends on what you're doing.

[edit:] I took it in high school

I want to be a fellow, or a sir :) Not really. That's way way beyond a phd and professorship AFAIK.

CCNA is easy? Have you even taken the test? And passed?

I thought it was pretty easy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.