Hello, My name is Lupe Sandoval and I am a student at Reedley College. I am working towards a career in information systems. I know what it takes to be a computer/network tech through web page information and brochures but I would like to know more.
I have attended the Institute of Technology in Clovis, California and have earned my A+ and Network+ certifications from CompTIA. I already have the basic knowledge of computers, like being able to setup a home network, or upgrading the computers hard drive, but my interest in computers has grown deeper, beyond being able to perform these simple tasks.
I am currently working on my A.S. Degree and maybe a Bachelors in computer science. I was wondering if you would answer some of the questions I have included in this message.
1. What made you want to be a computer or network technician?
2. What type of education did you get? and from where?
3. Did you get a degree or just certificates? and from where?
4. How long have you been employed as a computer or network technician?
5. How long did it take before you were employed?
6. What type of problems do you work on?
7. What do you specialize in? and what would be more important now a-days?
8. Is it easier to work on hardware issues or OS issues?
9. Is it easier to work on networks or PCs?
10.What is the hardest part about being a technician?