I doubt it's the same water...

Oh.. let me clarify that for you. The water we drink here is totally safe and clean :) TBH, its much safer and tastier than mineral water !

I doubt it's the same water...

How is it different from the water you drink ? The water we drink has no color, no smell and i believe, has the same characteristics of normal water.

> How is it different from the water you drink ?
Of course it isn't different. There is no point in bothering yourself with kids who have no idea of what they are talking about...

commented: Stifle yourself, I am not an ignorant kid! +2

Of course it isn't different. There is no point in bothering yourself with kids who have no idea of what they are talking about...

Just to expose your ignorance of India, you may read this news report:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/29/world/asia/29water.html

Next time think before you insult someone.

> Just to expose your ignorance of India, you may read this news report:
Just to expose your ignorance, that isn't the place where I live. Next time check your facts before trying to act cool.

>> You live in India and drink the water, isn't that dangerous?
> Next time think before you insult someone.
Next time don't try to be sarcastic / pick a fight if you can't handle one.

commented: Jug jug jiyo mere shair *roar* .. hehehe .. (this is for the last rep comment u gave me) > tu bhari tu mota tu aloo ki bori tu tu tu tu tu bas tu kameene me tera khoon pee jaungeeee *slaps* +3

> Just to expose your ignorance of India, you may read this news report:
Just to expose your ignorance, that isn't the place where I live. Next time check your facts before trying to act cool.

>> You live in India and drink the water, isn't that dangerous?
> Next time think before you insult someone.
Next time don't try to be sarcastic / pick a fight if you can't handle one.

I am not on this forum to pick a fight. I just told you what I read about India and drinking water. There are many more articles like this, just google for them.

Back to the topic:
Nice glass of fresh Florida OJ

Still eating food and drinking *safe and pure* water...

jees calm down people

and im not pcking on india or anything, its just that our government generally says not to drink the water in the developing world

back to the topic, im eating curry, lamb madras

~~~
back to the topic, im eating curry, lamb madras

What is a lamb madras?

Back to the topic:
More cloudy yellow water (OJ).

lamb madras is a fairly medium/spicy curry you can get from indian takeaway resturants

lamb madras is a fairly medium/spicy curry you can get from indian takeaway resturants

Thanks jbennet. My GF cooks a real good curry and honey chicken.

Just finished a lebkuchen (molasses xmas cookie germanic style).

Sir, the water cannot be the same. The only thing "same" about it is the fact that its 1 O + 2 H. The pollutants/contaminants will obviously differ in scale and nature by environment. You also have to consider the method each country uses to filter out the water. Also, desalinated water is certainly not the same as filtered fresh water.

Don't call people ignorant when you don't act any better

EDIT: Oops...Leave it to me to try and drink carbondioxide

Let's change that to 1 O + 2 H or it will take the wind out of your sails.

The dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide !

Due in part to its widespread use in industry, Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is involved in many environmental incidents each year.

• It is an "enabling component" of acid rain -- in the absence of sufficient quantities of DHMO, acid rain is not a problem.
  • DHMO is a causative agent in most instances of soil erosion -- sufficiently high levels of DHMO exacerbate the negative effects of soil erosion.
  • DHMO is present in high levels nearly every creek, stream, pond, river, lake and reservoir in the U.S. and around the world.
  • Measurable levels of DHMO have been verified in ice samples taken from both the Arctic and Antarctic ice caps.
  • Recent massive DHMO exposures have lead to the loss of life and destruction of property in California, the Mid-West, the Philippines, and a number of islands in the Caribbean, to name just a few.

Research has shown that significant levels of DHMO were found in the devastating Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004 which killed 230,000 in Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and elsewhere, making it the deadliest tsunami in recorded history.

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

• Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
  • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
  • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
  • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
  • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
  • Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.

Despite the known dangers of DHMO, it continues to be used daily by industry, government, and even in private homes across the U.S. and worldwide. Some of the well-known uses of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

• as an industrial solvent and coolant,
  • in nuclear power plants,
  • by the U.S. Navy in the propulsion systems of some older vessels,
  • by elite athletes to improve performance,
  • in biological and chemical weapons manufacture,
  • in the development of genetically engineering crops and animals,
  • as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
  • in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for various forms of torture,

DHMO Dihydrogen Monoxide IS WATER!

I bet you some idiot doesnt realise

Sir, the water cannot be the same. The only thing "same" about it is the fact that its 1 O + 2 H. The pollutants/contaminants will obviously differ in scale and nature by environment. You also have to consider the method each country uses to filter out the water. Also, desalinated water is certainly not the same as filtered fresh water.

Don't call people ignorant when you don't act any better

EDIT: Oops...Leave it to me to try and drink carbondioxide

India "was" a land of villages and it has changed over time. Well, who knows it better than the people living here. Bah!

Back to the topic: I am drinking water without even boiling it. Oh btw, I have been drinking this water for umm.. 24 yrs and i am still safe and healthy ?

> Sir, the water cannot be the same. The only thing "same" about it is the fact that its 1 O + 2 H.

Wrong. If you insist on getting into details, oxygen and hydrogen are diatomic molecules. So the equation is: [tex]2H_2\hspace{10mm}+\hspace{10mm}O_2\hspace{10mm} ->\hspace{10mm}2H_2O[/tex]

> The pollutants/contaminants will obviously differ in scale and nature by environment.

Pollutants/contaminants in what? We are talking about "drinking water" here. No one gives a damn to what kind of pollutants/contaminants water has before it is converted to potable water.

> You also have to consider the method each country uses to filter out the water.

It's the responsibility of the country to give its tax paying citizens potable water to drink. Does it even matter what method they use as long as I get clean drinking water?

> Don't call people ignorant when you don't act any better

I don't remember using that term. If you want to jump to conclusions, you are welcome, just don't blame it on someone else.

... I have been drinking this water for umm.. 24 yrs ...

If we're going to be sticklers for accuracy, please accept this correction: You may have been drinking water for 24 years--but definitely not THIS water. "This water that you have drunk has left your body in many forms--as sweat, exhaled vapors, urine, and more yet. It is highly unlikely that you drank the same molecule of water more than once. Yes most of the worlds water is recycled, but there is so much of it that we don't usually get the pleasure of drinking the same water more than once.

[Don't let the above comment disturb you, is is said with a simple smile :).]

Now I'll get back to drinking my new water--never before drunk by me (I think).

... I have been drinking this water for umm.. 24 yrs ...

If we're going to be sticklers for accuracy, please accept this correction: You may have been drinking water for 24 years--but definitely not THIS water. "This water that you have drunk has left your body in many forms--as sweat, exhaled vapors, urine, and more yet. It is highly unlikely that you drank the same molecule of water more than once. Yes most of the worlds water is recycled, but there is so much of it that we don't usually get the pleasure of drinking the same water more than once.

[Don't let the above comment disturb you, is is said with a simple smile :).]

Okay! If you say so, I drink new water everyday. The above comment didn't disturb me. It was taken with a simple smile :)

My water melocule still contains just one atom of oxygen and two atoms of hydrogen. Must be where the Indian water is different.

Back to the topic at hand:
I scrounged up a small slice of pecan pie from one of my ardent supporters. Excellent and very wholesome!

> My water melocule still contains just one atom of oxygen and two atoms of hydrogen. Must
> be where the Indian water is different.
Correct. In fact, this is how the water "everyone" drinks is different considering "your" water "melocule" still contains "one atom" of oxygen and two atoms of hydrogen.

If you plan on throwing around sarcasm, don't ask someone else to "stifle up"...

Enjoying a pepsi :)

Two pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Water is composed of two gins, Oxygin and Hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin. Hydrogin is gin and water.

commented: Heh, good one. +20

Egg sandwich.

Tree bark, ns

Tree bark, ns

Do you wash that before you eat it?

Just shared a Snickers bar with my GF.

Lmao yeh. BTW I was talking about sugar cane

Tree bark, ns

Aspirin was first discovered when someone experienced the beneficial, pain alleving effects of chewing on the bark of willow trees (Salix sp.). When finally isolated chemically, the active ingredient was named salicilic acid, in honor of the willow tree.

What beneficial effects have you come across? :)

None that i know of.. it's just sweet and tastes good.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.