I've had this happen several times today -- push the submit button and an error message is produced. If I refersh the page my post was made correctly.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

That's really strange. Let me know if it continues happening.

Just happend again.

it happened once that I recall yesterday too, but more often today. At first I thought it might be my ISP, but that doesn't make sense with that error message. Might it be getting submitted twice instead of only once ?

Try clearing out your temporary internet files.

Done. Now I'll report back if it happens again.

OK. Also ... anyone else having this happen?

I had it from the quick reply several times yesterday and again just now -- hadn't cleared temp files. But same behavior on 2 boxes.

On another site im on people are having a QUICK REPLY issue also,i am trying to figure out whats causing it....

What Mode are you using Dragon??

Threaded Mode
Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode

Im using Linear and have no issues (And i dont on the other site either using the same mode)

That's really strange. Just switched to Threaded myself to see if I get the error.

At first i thought it might be browser related but after a few members listed what they were using,it was apparantly not browser related (Many different browsers) So i figured that might be the answer... Im not sure.

On another site im on people are having a QUICK REPLY issue also,i am trying to figure out whats causing it....

What Mode are you using Dragon??

Threaded Mode
Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode

Im using Linear and have no issues (And i dont on the other site either using the same mode)

Linear (Oldest first). I have not had the problem since I cleaned out the temp internet files. But it has not been long enough to determine whether that fixed the problem or not.

thats happened to me for like 6 months

i just live with it

If it happened to me, I wouldn't be able to post again, because refreshing clears the post window contents.

I am using linear, and do not have the error.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.