I love DaniWeb and I don't care for IE that much. I went onto the site and it didn't work properly in firefox,chrome, or opera. It worked better in chrome then it did in FireFox and Opera so I am not sure if your trying to make it Chrome compliant.

I just want you guys to be aware of this problem and hopefully you can take the necessary actions to correct it.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I'm looking at the site in Firefox presently, and everything seems fine. What do you mean by "it didn't work properly"?

Sorry, I replied to this thread but I forgot to hit the submit button and then I navigated off the page and lost my response.

But yeah, I'm an IE user, but I use Firefox every day for certain things, and DaniWeb looks fine.

I love DaniWeb and I don't care for IE that much. I went onto the site and it didn't work properly in firefox,chrome, or opera. It worked better in chrome then it did in FireFox and Opera so I am not sure if your trying to make it Chrome compliant.

I just want you guys to be aware of this problem and hopefully you can take the necessary actions to correct it.

I'm so glad you took the time to carefully describe the problem. :icon_rolleyes:

But yeah, Opera, Safari and Firefox all work fine for me on this site. I haven't used IE in ages.

I am sorry I did not describe the problem better. I am now using FireFox and it works great but this is what was happening.

I would go to DaniWeb Via Firefox and the home page was askew. The text was going across the screen and was much larger then it is suppose to be. I tried using Dani's cool new navigation system with the drop down list but no drop down list appeared. I tried it in Opera and the same problems occured. I tried it in chrome and it looked a lot better but the navigation still did not work. I finally went to Internet Explorer 7 and it worked perfectly.

That's really weird. I haven't experienced any problems.

I know, I thought it was real weird also. I came home about 6 hours later and the site works perfectly. I was curious if you guys were fiddling with the code at all? Maybe someone had their settings for instant upload and they made a mistake and then fixed it. I just am glad the site is back to it's normal fun geek self!

This is common problem with Firefox when connection delayed and read page styling was no applied. Looks like they still did not sort the memory leak from previous versions. I often see large CPU and memory usage by FF for no reason, then I usually shut down the browser.
If this happens in future refresh the page and clear browser cache, in many cases this solve the issue.

PS: If you have second pc try to check also there

Thank you so much Peter! I love this site a ton!

Um no, It works fine in Firefox 3, Pocket IE (based on like IE4 lol), Opera and Safari.

In fact, IE5 and IE6 are the only browsers that have some bugs with the site.

Um no, It works fine in Firefox 3, Pocket IE (based on like IE4 lol), Opera and Safari.

In fact, IE5 and IE6 are the only browsers that have some bugs with the site.

This problem is (or was) almost two months old :-/

oh woops sorry :X

I have recently viewed this site with FF 1.5 and it displays the same as it does with MyIE2 :) (IE6)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.