Just wondering why remember me is checked by default. I usually don't want it ticked and generally I think sites have it un-ticked. It's only 1 click of the mouse and so its definitely no bid deal, just something I notice :)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

If its only one click of the mouse to check it, then its also just one click to unclick it. I usually check them, so having it checked by default makes sense to me. But can't please everybody all the time :)

i like it, its handy

Anybody out there who likes to untick it? Or am I just a weirdo :S...

If i an on a public pc or being a privacy nut then its a good idea to untick, otherwise i always tick it

>Just wondering why remember me is checked by default.
Defaults are usually determined by the expected "usual" behavior of users. I'm sure Dani determined that the majority of users would want to be automatically logged in when returning, so the box is checked by default.

Just wondering why remember me is checked by default. I usually don't want it ticked and generally I think sites have it un-ticked. It's only 1 click of the mouse and so its definitely no bid deal, just something I notice :)

If using Firefox, just throw in a trivial GreaseMonkey script which does it for you.

Ah, hadn't thought about that... thanks.

I usually don't want it ticked

Well if you LOGOUT @ the end of every session you dont have to worry about the cookie not expiring (Clearing your cookies will also have the same affect)

Yep I know, as I said, it's hardly an issue, more an observation...

hi there is security problems in it some one will hack our data with this tick i.e chekbox

then uncheck it :icon_rolleyes:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.