Last night in FireFox 3.5.3 I lost the formatting in all of Software Development. The other communities seem fine. I checked Opera and another computer, all is fine. Other websites seem to be unaffected.

I deleted all Daniweb cookies to no avail.

I also have no 'attach files' option for this message so I have to load the image elsewhere

Also, opening the Error Console in FFox, each community displays 24 errors and warnings just opening the page, only 19 for SWDev.

I also don't seem to be able to click on any of the formatting icons above. Ctrl-B and Ctrl-I both bring up the FFox Bookmarks Toolbar.

What does one do in this case (short of reinstalling)? I feel like a cripple...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try pressing CTRL + F5

Whoa! dhanyavad!

No comprende.... If the page changes, I thought the cache would be overridden.

Database :icon_rolleyes: The page istelf was still the same. It was just the database contents that does not get stored in the cache that changed. Ja?

Whoa! dhanyavad!

You are welcome :)

No comprende.... If the page changes, I thought the cache would be overridden.

*Only* if the the server sends proper headers saying that the file XXX has changed; without that the browser has no way of knowing that something has changed. This is the very reason why Dani sometimes requests members to manually clear their caches after she rolls in a new version of library or images...

Database The page istelf was still the same. It was just the database contents that does not get stored in the cache that changed. Ja?

No, nothing related to database as such. From the looks of the screen-caps you posted, it seemed like a case of missing CSS(stylesheet) files.

As a rule of thumb, always CTRL + F5 when you see something unexpected; if it still persists, time to create a new thread. ;-)

Do't know why I didn't think of that... Thanks again...

Yeah it just does that sometimes. Happened to me in IE about two years ago. I guess its maybe a fluke browser rendering glitch?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.