Can anyone enlighten me the term featured poster. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Daniweb members who are interviewed for the Daniweb monthly digest/newsletter get the title "featured poster". These members are typically picked up by site administrators based on factors like contributions, frequency of visiting Daniweb etc.

Admins typically have a list of 'to be interviewed' folks but if you feel that someone fits the role for an interview (including yourself :>), you can always PM Davey (aka happygeek) and that name would be added to the 'to be' list.

commented: They told me it was based all on looks... this changes everything! +0
commented: I thought is has to be the mumber of post you have, this prove me wrong +0

Will the newsletter be upadted every month and how is it like to be interviewed.

There's a newsletter emailed to members each month. As for the interview, it varies.

How do you get the newsletter through email or PM, cos i receive none so far

I'm not sure as I haven't tested it, but I'd imagine your email settings are disabled. Go to your control panel, then edit options, and make sure "Receive Occasional Email from Daniweb" is checked.

Did that already but still receving none. I have so much to us

1) Must you be a sponsor to be a feature poster?
2) Do you need a certain amount of post, solved threads or reputation.

You must first go without sleep for 36 hours before being subjected to numerous hard-hitting questions like 'What you did last Summer' and 'what you had for breakfast' :icon_twisted:

commented: "What's a "crunchie"? Why are you flat out like a lizard? What's that computer in your avatar?" ;D +0

1) Must you be a sponsor to be a feature poster?

No.

2) Do you need a certain amount of post, solved threads or reputation.

No, it's a hybrid algorithm where we take into consideration a lot of things. The primary requirement is that the member should have posted long enough for us to *know* more about that member. We are pretty good at valuating folks (after having spent a lot of time moderating) so you can be rest assured that good folks always get a chance. And as already mentioned, you can always recommend some... :-)

You must first go without sleep for 36 hours before being subjected to numerous hard-hitting questions like 'What you did last Summer' and 'what you had for breakfast'

Can't say I disagree. ;-)

You must first go without sleep for 36 hours before being subjected to numerous hard-hitting questions like 'What you did last Summer'...

But I already know what you did last summer! :icon_twisted:

But I already know what you did last summer! :icon_twisted:

Of course you do. I am a Featured Poster :D

commented: Good one :-) +0

Does being a featured poster mean they would be recognise by daniweb members?

I'm not sure what exactly you are after here? Featured member/poster isn't about fame or fortune; it's about getting to know a bit more the regulars who lurk on Daniweb.

ok i see thanks.

It might be nice to have a thread that contains all the featured posters and the articles written about them. Sort of like a history book of featered posters. As it is now its not possible to read the intervies. Say I wanted to re-read SOS's interview -- not possible any more unless you know exactly which issue of the DW digest it was printed.

On second thought, maybe it would be more useful just to put a link to the DW digest that contains his/her interview on the member's public profile page.

Yes, I would like to put a newsletter archive back on the site. It's on the list. It just hasn't been coded yet ;)

One to have a daniweb hall of fame that shows all the featured poster, moderator, sponsor, administrator and others....

I am looking forward to that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.