Hey

I just realised that the daniweb home page has a slight problem with firefox. If you hover over the menu at the top, the menu that pops up forms under the advertisement beow it, making readability a bit inconvenient. This problem doesn't occur in IE as the intro text provides ample spacing. This text isn't displayed in firefix. I'm using FF version 1.5.0.2

I've attached a screen shot so you can check it out.

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I noticed that as well. Also when viewing a tutorial, if you expand a menu that extends over the tutorial text, the software & web dev menus, they will collapse when you mouseover the tutorial section, but are still inside the expanded menu. This is in Firefox, as well. I haven't been able to test it in IE yet.

goldeagle, aware of the problem already, but can't seem to figure out a solution :( CaliVagabond, not exactly sure what you're referring to? I can't duplicate the problem.

goldeagle, aware of the problem already, but can't seem to figure out a solution :( CaliVagabond, not exactly sure what you're referring to? I can't duplicate the problem.

If you go to a tutorial like here and expand the Software Development menu, try mousing down in the menu to Pascal & Delphi. I'm running Firefox in Linux and when I do that the menu collapses.

I don't experience that problem in Firefox for Windows. Can anyone else comment?

I tried to reproduce what he said, but had no success (failure). It may be an issue with FF on Linux.

Using Windows Server 2003 with FF 1.5.0.2

Actually I didn't even think about it before, but I think the problem was on my end. I was running FF v1.0.6 from a live cd. It didn't click in my head what I was doing.

If you go to a tutorial like here and expand the Software Development menu, try mousing down in the menu to Pascal & Delphi. I'm running Firefox in Linux and when I do that the menu collapses.

The menu seems to work fine for me too if I use firefox 1.5 in windows XP..

Hey Dani

Don't you know if you know, but the problem I mentioned occurs only if you're logged in. If you log out, everything works fine.

Hope this helps.

Hey Dani

Don't you know if you know, but the problem I mentioned occurs only if you're logged in. If you log out, everything works fine.

Hope this helps.

That's simply because unregistered users see an additional Welcome notice that pushes the ad down far enough below the menu that the menu can't cover it. I'm still stuck trying to figure out why my CSS menu gets covered up by an IFRAME with Flash and not with an IFRAME alone, despite the fact that I have the transparent property set for the Flash object as Adobe suggested. GRR ...

Here's a cheesy fix. Why not add some sort of promotional/informative notice for registered users? That ought to take care of your problem. I know it's not an elegant fix from a programming point of view, but if it works, well...why not?

I'm also experiencing the problem. Firefox 1.5.0.3 on Linux.

Dani, any solution to this issue? Kinda bugging me a lot...

Although I think this is an issue with Firefix, and not with the site. Some of my friends with FF on Linux are having this problem. Can't comment on other browsers though. Sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.