Is it possible to post equations that look like equations? I mean something like the Lensmaker's equation in this wiki article If yes, how?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There used to be TeX/LaTeX support, which is what you would use to create such equations. Support for it got taken out with the move to the new system. I agreed that it was not the most commonly used feature, but when you need it, it is certainly very nice to have.

It would be nice to have some sort of MathML / Mathjax / LaTeX support for writing equations.

Member Avatar for diafol

Are you talking about posting here in DW or just in general? I'm also assuming you're referring to web pages?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Not worth putting it back imo, better to use an online latex editor save as a jpg and attach to post.

commented: Agreed +0

Thanks for that suggestion :)

Click Here

Oops! It doesn't seem to work so well afterall. I used the editor from here. Looks ok on their web site and looks ok when I just double-click the file on my computer (using ACDSee to view it).

While not so nice within your post, looks fine if I click on the small thumbnail at the bottom of your post because the image is displayed in a new page. You may want to try it again, but rather than exporting as a gif, try png as I did in this post..

10b4b332c757e49cb9da85160f099c21

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.