Saw some threads regarding this, but all from years ago, none since the new rollout, so here's a new thread. Checking out my profile, I saw that I had a downvoted post! Me! After crying for a few minutes, I click on the red "thumb down" icon to see which post was voted down so I could grovel in that thread and hope someone would take pity and upvote me so I was batting 1000 again. When I click the icon daniweb_down_vote.jpg , I get a screen with the title "Oops!" and the text on the screen tells me "There are currently no results. Try again later". Obviously I was offended by the "Try again later" part, as if the website was just assuming I'd get more down votes, but such is life.

Anyway, screenshot is attached. There is either a bug that says I have a downvoted post when I don't or I have a downvoted post, but the database query didn't find it.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

A downvote with an upvote will register as zero on the posts page, so won't be visible.

OK, so I just posted on this thread a few minutes ago. My post is nowhere to be found. Is there a delay? What I posted was that, compared to my screenshot from yesterday, I now had one fewer upvotes AND one fewer downvotes.

That's now obsolete. I have the same number of upvotes as yesterday's screenshot, so unless someone upvoted me in the last few minutes, that's weird.

Let's see if this post shows up. And if the last post shows up.

Let's see if this post shows up. And if the last post shows up.

Yep, that one showed up. Wonder what happened to the post before that one? I'd mark this "Solved" since the weird downvote bug I originally posted about seems to be gone, but I'll leave it open because hmmm.... Clearly something is off...

Back again.

There was an incredibly weird inconsistency in the database where there were seven cases of the vote counting against the voter instead of against the author of the post.

commented: For excellance. +0

The only problem now is ... what are you going to do about the downvote you have?

The only problem now is ... what are you going to do about the downvote you have?

I found my one downvote and decided I'm not too worried about that person's opinion. Interestingly enough, his profile has the same bug. He has one downvoted post, but it says he has 2 in the text, though only one one in the clickable red thumbs-down icon.

https://www.daniweb.com/members/1123592/phillip-3

He doesn't have the same bug. One of his posts that received a downvote has been deleted. We DO factor deleted posts into post quality score because if a spammer receives a bunch of downvotes and subsequently has all of their posts deleted, they still should have a poor quality score.

Why am I thinking "double secret probation"? I really should have asked about deleted posts but Dani just revealed it.

One of his posts that received a downvote has been deleted. We DO factor deleted posts into post quality score because if a spammer receives a bunch of downvotes and subsequently has all of their posts deleted, they still should have a poor quality score.

All the more reason for me to not feel too bad that he downvoted my post because I told him his ridiculous post was ridiculous. In fact, I feel honored to have been downvoted by him. It would be troubling if he agreed with me.

Anyway, thank you and solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.