My name is Bobbi (female) and I'm soon to be 67 years old. (this picture was taken two years ago at my grandson's 21st birthday. I've been a photographer and graphic designer for low these last 45+ years. I have a certificate in marketing from the University of California at Davis, and was self employed for many years as a marketing consultant. I took some classes in video production because a client needed a video done for a presentation he was making - and wound up producing and directing my own weekly television show "Neon Nites" with an all-volunteer crew. We won local and national awards and had a wonderful time. I took a few years off to work with ESPN as an audio assistant on the golf circuit when I was about 45. Pretty exciting adventure. I did some freelance TV work as a camera operator for local public tv, camera work and editing for the Port of Sacramento and some small businesses. I then worked as an in-house marketing manager for an 11-state (western) trade association for eight years, got fired, and took a class in Web site design. Talked Intel's Web division into hiring me, and worked there for a year as a technical writer and web site designer. Then, in 2001, I went to work for the State of California, :icon_cool: to build up a little retirement $$. I'm retired now, doing digital pet portraits, shooting editing video for small businesses, and publishing my own Web sites.
I'm also about to be a great grandmother for the 2nd time.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi Bobbi,
Welcome to the forum group.
Nice introduction!
(:

Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome. How do I get to your introductory pages?
Tremendous amount of information here. I've been browsing for a couple of hours now.
Time to eat lunch.

BOBBI--
As a fellow newcomer, I wanted to extend welcome & tell you how impressed I am w/your intro/bio. You've obviously accomplished much in your life w/your extensive talents.

Hope to correspond w/you in the future.
(BTY, your picture greatly belies your age--you look @ least 15 or more yrs younger.)
Pasting my intro below, just to make it easier--less links to click, you know.
--SUZIE

("Musolino".) Married, daughter,I live in Virginia, USA & have an English/Comm degree. I taught school several yrs while attending Johnson & Wales Culinary b4 catching the tech bug. I then began my self-taught PC "career" @ least 13 yrs ago by learning to build them, from the motherboard up.

Tech-wise, my interests lie mainly w/hardware, registry issues, & the like, but I can get into software stuff too--also into electronics of all kinds. I fix many of my sisters'/friends' PC prob's by telephone troubleshooting, also do occasional consulting for private clients who are desperate for help & ready to trash their PC's.

Other interests include AKITAS(I love dogs,) cooking, horticulture/gardening (landscape bus w/ husband,) photography, old Craftsman houses & Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, & learning about a vast array of subjects (including auto mechanics, audio system installs, household repairs, etc, etc.) by researching Inet, reading @ library, & gleaning info from those proficient w/in their chosen field(s.)

Hope to learn alot from daniweb's members, white papers, etc.

welcome. Nice introduction.

Nice of you to join us!

Hi...Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

Wow. You've got a lot of interests too. Where do you live? You have so many interests! I need some landscaping consulting - and PC advice from time to time. I'm going to take a PC hardware/firmware class now that I'm retiring. Sick and tired of having to take the whole thing down to the "computer guy" and waiting 3-4 days for him to fix it + never sure what he really did.
BTW-Thanks for the compliment. I guess it's good genes.

Well, back to work. I'm ordering some supplies for a Dog show we're exhibiting at in two weeks. Lots of hard work. My daughter helps me. I'm going to take portrait photos onsite this time.

I hope you stay in touch.

BOBBI--
As a fellow newcomer, I wanted to extend welcome & tell you how impressed I am w/your intro/bio. You've obviously accomplished much in your life w/your extensive talents.

(BTY, your picture greatly belies your age--you look @ least 15 or more yrs younger.)
--SUZIE

("Musolino".) Married, daughter,I live in Virginia, USA & have an English/Comm degree. I taught school several yrs while attending Johnson & Wales Culinary b4 catching the tech bug. I then began my self-taught PC "career" @ least 13 yrs ago by learning to build them, from the motherboard up.

Tech-wise, my interests lie mainly w/hardware, registry issues, & the like, but I can get into software stuff too--also into electronics of all kinds. I fix many of my sisters'/friends' PC prob's by telephone troubleshooting, also do occasional consulting for private clients who are desperate for help & ready to trash their PC's.

Other interests include AKITAS(I love dogs,) cooking, horticulture/gardening (landscape bus w/ husband,) photography, old Craftsman houses & Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, & learning about a vast array of subjects (including auto mechanics, audio system installs, household repairs, etc, etc.) by researching Inet, reading @ library, & gleaning info from those proficient w/in their chosen field(s.)

I really admire your confidence in learning about PCs. I don't have the patience, or agility, to build 'em, but I guess that's the only way to really learn how to keep these little guys going... I am quite intimidated by the "firmware" issues I keep having. (it's not really software as I know it, usually something wrong with something in the innards of the PC) :?: As you mentioned, "I'm ready to trash it" - did almost, I bought a Mac - so now I have both.

I have a question, when I installed my Panda Antivirus update, it also needed what they call a "hot fix" - that worked, but I still get an error in Registry Mechanic when I boot up. Is there a way I can fix that? Will it hurt anything if I just take out the references?

BOBBI--

--SUZIE

Hello BOBBI & Suzie,

Welcome to the community!
Pretty impressive intro of both.
Enjoy your stay!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.