Hi All,

I am running a W2k Domain and i want to know that is this possible that we can disable CD-ROM drive on all clients (member) through Group Policy in windows 2000. If yes please let me know that which option to select under MMC snap-in to implement this functionatlity.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sandi_p14

You would have to look for it under Edit GPO, in Users and Computers, right click on the OU that the members are in are look around. I do not remember a GPO setting for CD-Rom, but that is the place to start. If not I think you would have to set local policy on the clients.

You would have to look for it under Edit GPO, in Users and Computers, right click on the OU that the members are in are look around. I do not remember a GPO setting for CD-Rom, but that is the place to start. If not I think you would have to set local policy on the clients.

I want to implement through GPO and if i want to do the same with client policy....then i prefer to go for disable the CD-ROM from BIOS or unplugged it.

Unable to find the option as suggested by u.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am running a W2k Domain and i want to know that is this possible that we can disable CD-ROM drive on all clients (member) through Group Policy in windows 2000. If yes please let me know that which option to select under MMC snap-in to implement this functionatlity.

hi .....
select the OU (which contain users) for which u want to disable CD-ROM , right click-->
group policy--> edit--> computer configuration -->windows setting --> security setting -->
local policies --> security options --> device : restrict CD:ROM (PROPERTIES )--> Enable

mmc- -- > file--> aad/remove snap in --> add --> group policy object editor -->close -->
then follow the above procedure..

this will work..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.