Hi. I'm Dick, not much to tell about me but here goes: I live in Indiana just across the river from Louisville, Ky. retired at 60 then went back to work at 68 for Home Depot. I currently set and answer phones 7-1pm. talk to a lot of nice people. At 71 and 235 lbs. I just look forward to another good day LOL. Worked most of my life servicing appliances. Really enjoy people and building computers. I have a machine shop out back with all kinds of machinery hoping to save and teach a 9 yr old grandson. That may prove to be a bigger chore than I need. I have had open heart surgery, 18" of colon removed and a few other problems along the way but I still enjoy life. Most likely I will view the forums much more that I will make comments. I will probably ask more questions. I found this site by chance looking for a answer. Did not find answer but got me to thinking when I read some of the comments and I solved it myself. E-MAIL is the greatest thing since sliced bread, love to hear from some onf you.

Take care & have a great day, Dick

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

welcome to DaniWeb -- and happy to find someone my own age group.:mrgreen: Hope to see you around these forums a lot. And enjoy that grandson as much as you can, as you know they grow up so fast. I live only a couple hours drive from you so maybe we can have a virtual beet together :cheesy:

I feel like I am 71, if that's any help :)

I have found out that it really is not your age -it is your attitude toward life in general, you can make it good or bad the choice is ours.
take care, have a great day, Dick

yes sir, they do grow up rather quickly also have a 5 yr old granddaughter. Have some others but they are grown and have their own lives & friend. There is always challenge.

tahe card and have a great day.

welcome to daniweb, young and old, i joined at age 15 and am looking forware to being a posting god by the time im in my 70s (if the net still exists then)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.