i have problem releated buying a notebook?
features that notebook have:-
1GB ram
915 intel chipset
dual core@1.733Ghz
120 GB hard disk
dvd 16x writter
8cell l-ion battery

Is this confriguatin is best for me?
please help me!
i am a student of 2nd year B.E computer science

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi engg_mohit420e,

The features you've described are quite good.

Note: Check your spellings!! ;)

how are we supposed to know what is best for YOU? ask more specific questions, mate

how are we supposed to know what is best for YOU? ask more specific questions, mate

Right. He told us only this.

If you are buying a notebook with Vista, I'm going to steal Jbennet's practical catchphrase and advise you that 1GB of RAM is not enough for Vista. You need to get at least 2. Otherwise, the the second response is right, we don't know enough to make some good recommendations.

For Engineering projects, what you have suggested is more than enough. If you plan to continue using your laptop even after your graduation, with more advanced softwares(like SAP, .NET, etc) or if you plan to install vista, then you better go for a better system!

I agre with a lot of what has already been said, but I always asqk my clients not what computer they want to buy but what are they going to do with it?
ANY computer since pentium 1 (and even the old BBC and 186 machines) will cope with ordinary office work, WP, Ssheets, database, internet and emails etc. (caveat on some websites with java ...!)
If you then want a modern machine for modern software unless you are wanting to run vista (for which there is really no very good reason other than you like its view) then any spec upto 1 gig is probably OK. (pentium AMD 3, 4 type OK
However if you want to seriously number crunch, do on line real time video editing or colour dvd editing or high speed games then you need the power. power comes in three varieties

1. Processor speed,
2 amount of memory
3speed of disk drive.

You pay your money to take your choice, but you also pay a premium for the very latest fastest gaming, dual core high memory etc.

Oh yes and also remember you cannot future proof, your machine will go out of date very quickly and you are actually buying a machine to do what you want now and not in the future. you buy another one for the future! Also portables tend to be less reliable and more costly that equivalent desktops.

i have problem releated buying a notebook?
features that notebook have:-
1GB ram
915 intel chipset
dual core@1.733Ghz
120 GB hard disk
dvd 16x writter
8cell l-ion battery

Is this confriguatin is best for me?
please help me!

So,
Is the machine new or used? Is it a name brand or is it a junker? What OS are you running? What is the application for besides your Computer Science courses?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.