I need help.

I started my career over 25 years ago as a programmer. Over time, I moved into business systems analysis, team management, and project management. I’m very dissatisfied with my work. I need to get back to hands on development and support. I live in Orange County, California.

To that end, I obtained a Masters in Computer Information Technology focused on OO development and database technologies (Oracle). I’m currently working toward becoming a SCJP. I already have an Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certification (OCA). But in the end, I’m still just an (older) guy with no recent professional programming experience.

How do I make this transition? What do I do to market myself and get a chance? I know I would be an incredibly valuable resource but how do I get the opportunity?

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think you should probably look for some freelancing jobs which will you give you the required exposure. Consulting may be another option.

Yes, what Daniel has said is right, Take his advice...:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.