I read that McCain hates the UN, and loves to bomb other countries into submission.

so no change from bush then ;)

I read that McCain hates the UN ...

So do I -- the UN is a worthless piece of crap. We should toss their butts out of the USA and unjoin it.

so no change from bush then ;)

Absolutely, which is one reason I won't vote for him. We don't need another 8 years of Bush.

Absolutely, which is one reason I won't vote for him. We don't need another 8 years of Bush.

Let's say it this way: "We can't afford another 8 years like that!"

A billion dollars a day (not to mention a thousand American lives a year) is a ton of money to waste on a tiny country half way around the globe. We could easily pay for national medical care for everyone with that money and have lots of money left over for other things.

I understand that many of McCain's advisory staff are the same neoconservatives that have given us the Iraq war in the first place. Why would you expect a change for the better there?

None of those folks have even an inkling how to pay for expensive protracted wars. If you don't want to pay by raising taxes, you pay by devaluating and inflating the Dollar. We saw that in the aftermath of the Vietnam war.

the dollar is devalued as hell already

when brits go on holiday to america they get about 5 times as much for thier money, because the pound is very strong against it

So that is where all the British accent comes from! I thought folks here were just acting up to sound British. Soon British companies can buy their American competition real cheaply.

its still very expensive to fly to america in thefirst place though (and it takes months due to the security - most people need to buy a new passport due to you guys being so strict)

Wonder how Americans will react to all the price increases and lost jobs come election time? Who would they favor, McCain or Hillobama?

The poor and the jobless would most likely vote democratic anyway, unless they are looking forward to a job in the military.

For the people that lost their homes, I don't know if homeless people are allowed to vote? It would be tough to register without an address.

i bet you guys will leave and well be stuck with bloody iraq and afghanistan for the next 100 years

Wasn't Iraq a British colony before it became ours? You can have it back!

i think so

lol afghanistan was ours too, then we got our ass kicked
then the soviets got thier ass kicked there
and now us and the americans are getting our asses kicked again

i think either naepoleon or ghengis kahn also got thier ass kicked in afghanistan

you would have thaught we would have learnt our lesson by now

Wonder how Americans will react to all the price increases and lost jobs come election time? Who would they favor, McCain or Hillobama?

Naw -- that won't let the Democrats stop them. Afterall, if dead people can vote then so can homeless people.

Naw -- that won't let the Democrats stop them. Afterall, if dead people can vote then so can homeless people.

If you count brain dead people amongst the voters, you cover about 50% of them.

I don't think it's quite that many, I would put the number more at 47% brain dead.

Now that Obama's, Clinton's and McCain's passport information has been compromised, we only need to find out if Lieberman's info has been violated too. This way we would get an early indication who is going to replace Chainy.

Just a quote I found:

No one should ever sit in this office over 70 years old, and that I know.
(Dwight D. Eisenhower)

Certainly in the next 50 years we shall see a woman president, perhaps sooner than you think. A woman can and should be able to do any political job that a man can do.
-- Richard M. Nixon

we had a woman president decades upon decades ago - margret thatcher

we had a woman president decades upon decades ago - margret thatcher

Is she the one that won the Falkland War?

yep

falklands was a plus point for her, but her minus points were taxation (in particular, poll tax) and the fact she privatised everything (telecons, transport, utilities), which we now realise was a bad thing to do.

The US news media is now concentrating not on what the candidates say, but what their priests/rabbies/ministers say. The quality of US journalism is utter bull, or should I say udder bull!

A question to the British lads:
Did the Iron Lady really wear stainless steel knickers?

Before getting into politics she was a chemist. Judging from some of the girls in my chemistry class, she could have very well worn steel knickers.

Back to 2008 American Election politics, I wonder what Mike Huckabee's minister said?

I think the Reverend Wright's serman backfired on him and caused more harm to Obama's candidacy than Hillary Clinton did in the previous year of campaigning. There are now many Americans and superdelegages who are now questioning Obama's ability to win an election in November.

Well, here is a quote from Goerge Bush's top evangelist.

There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men.
~~~ Billy Graham

yep

falklands was a plus point for her
~~~

Now if Bush would have tackled a small country like that, he could go down as a hero in history too! Lichtenstein comes to mind as a winnable country.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.