Ok, so the following logs can be viewed after the install fails...

I have access to the software through my University and thus am installing the software by virtually mounting the ISO file using MagicDisc. Once I do that the autorun kicks off the installer and its all downhill from there... until it actually tries to install MS Document Explorer 2008 (the first item on the list to install) but it fails with the following log message.

[09/11/08,07:02:03] Microsoft Document Explorer 2008: [2] f:\setup\..\wcu\dexplore\dexplore.exe could not be unpackaged because it is not a cabinet.
[09/11/08,07:02:04] setup.exe: [2] ISetupComponent::Pre/Post/Install() failed in ISetupManager::InternalInstallManager() with HRESULT -2147467259.
[09/11/08,07:02:05] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Document Explorer 2008 is not installed.

I've made sure i dont have it already installed... I don't know where else to take this, I've restarted multiple times.

Help?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I've had the same problem while installing Visual Studio 2008, and, it seemed to have happened after a few installations, which were successful.

Did you manage to solve the problem? How?

f:\setup\..\wcu\dexplore\dexplore.exe could not be unpackaged because it is not a cabinet.

this means it is actually lokking for a file inside "setup01.CAB". Perhaps you should create a proper setup dvd with all the files rather than setting up through an extraction.

Winzip allows a setup but what it does is extracts the files to a temp folder then runs the setup procedure then delets the temp folder when setup finishes (Winzip 9 or later).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.